Search found 331 matches

by BoxZone_Author
Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:38 am
Forum: Critical Mass
Topic: New boy question for people to laugh at...
Replies: 44
Views: 30530

Re: Another Noobie with some questions

Got this game 2 days ago, can't stop.. Such as...how good is a single radar on the relevent side/front/rear of a ship as opposed to 2 radars. has anyone here ever made a ship just for watching the entire battle zone with just radars and stealth, no attack capability. See the bottom of My CM page Do...
by BoxZone_Author
Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:06 am
Forum: Critical Mass
Topic: New boy question for people to laugh at...
Replies: 44
Views: 30530

Also, do you get anything for causing an enemy to eject? (Apart from the fact that there's one less enemy ship about!) I haven't completely confirmed this, but it seems that if an emeny ship ejects and is left alone until it explodes on its own, the last ship to hit it gets credited with the kill. ...
by BoxZone_Author
Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:03 am
Forum: Critical Mass
Topic: Thrust vs. Top Speed
Replies: 21
Views: 15286

Sean has decided to make all the missiles the same weight. The heavier damage ones either have no maneuvering capability or are very slow. The fast, high maneuver ones have less room for warhead. Maneuverability and acceleration of your ship are dependent on it's weight and the number of thrusters y...
by BoxZone_Author
Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:55 pm
Forum: Critical Mass
Topic: The latest version is 4.0
Replies: 65
Views: 99611

Zephyr wrote:
BoxZone_Author wrote:Bots beyond four do not repair.
:shock: Is this a fact or a speculation?
I believe Sean has stated it before somewhere on this forum (when repair bots were debated in length)
by BoxZone_Author
Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:38 pm
Forum: Critical Mass
Topic: The latest version is 4.0
Replies: 65
Views: 99611

Each repair bot has a 10% chance to repair sonething each turn up to four repair bots. Bots beyond four do not repair. There is therefore no (little) point in having more than 4 repair bots on a ship. (There is a slight advantage in having more than four in that if a repair bot gets destroyed you st...
by BoxZone_Author
Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:59 pm
Forum: Critical Mass
Topic: The latest version is 4.0
Replies: 65
Views: 99611

If you fly any of my "bubble" series long enough you will see
Bot A get destroyed.
Bot B repair Bot A
Bot B get destroyed
Bot A repair Bot B.

I see no reason (other than the mission ending) why this couldn't continue.
by BoxZone_Author
Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:56 pm
Forum: Critical Mass
Topic: Thrust vs. Top Speed
Replies: 21
Views: 15286

Playability vs Realism

My vote goes to Playability every time.
by BoxZone_Author
Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:47 pm
Forum: Conquest
Topic: Deleted
Replies: 7
Views: 5860

Thanks Sean, thats what I was looking for. The map is fine, but once people start to add underscores and * and ### in their topic titles a message board becomes very hard to read. Make your title suscinct and relevant and it doesn't need any additional things to attract attention. In hindsight I sho...
by BoxZone_Author
Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:22 pm
Forum: Conquest
Topic: Deleted
Replies: 7
Views: 5860

Sean,

Image I suggest you delete this thread to discourage people from posting unnecessary "attention grabbing" characters in the topic title.
by BoxZone_Author
Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:43 pm
Forum: The General
Topic: Game hangs (another case)
Replies: 7
Views: 13326

It's a known bug and it's been discussed before on the forum.
There is no bug-fix yet. By being aware of it you can avoid it happening (unless you too are down to your last piece)
by BoxZone_Author
Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:27 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Just found out about this site...
Replies: 2
Views: 4044

Re: Just found out about this site...

GianniC wrote: the online play: is it with ip adress or in chat/game rooms?
Via IP address (and therefore fast turns, via chatroom would be slow turns)
GianniC wrote: Do a lot of people play Slay and Conquest in a network ?
There are fairly regular games (on Sundays I think)
by BoxZone_Author
Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:43 pm
Forum: Critical Mass
Topic: Ideas for future CM! Post yours!
Replies: 170
Views: 140597

Asteroids should only appear on radar when you discover them
I disagree. Asteroids are large, dense and have no attempt at cloaking.
From Earth we can see Asteroids out past Pluto, we have difficulty seeing some spy satelites in orbit!
by BoxZone_Author
Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:36 pm
Forum: Critical Mass
Topic: What about a random mission generator?
Replies: 21
Views: 15401

Controlling all the ships in your squadron directly would seriously slow down the flow of the game.
It would also make it too easy (Most of us are regularly killed by "overly enthuisatic" wingmen).

I vote no!
by BoxZone_Author
Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:37 pm
Forum: Critical Mass
Topic: New boy question for people to laugh at...
Replies: 44
Views: 30530

d-nix wrote BZA wrote: You also get extra cash for being promited (number of kills overall) which appears to have no effect on the medal for that battle. can't agree with you. I'm sure there's not any relation between the number of kills and the number of credits! Thats not what I said. I said that...
by BoxZone_Author
Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:16 am
Forum: Critical Mass
Topic: New boy question for people to laugh at...
Replies: 44
Views: 30530

The credits you receive for a mission are directly related to how well ou did in a mission, as is the medal but they are not directly dependent on each other. You also get extra cash for being promited (number of kills overall) which appears to have no effect on the medal for that battle. Losing (wh...