Tank Destroyer AI

Real time World War II combat simulation

Tank Destroyer AI

Postby co1191 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:44 am

Hey folks! Loving this game! I was wondering if anyone was having issues with turrets-less armor acting goofy. I noticed it most on the Jagdpanthers mission. Very challenging with so many hidden Shermans about, but it is made even more difficult by the Jagdpanthers who decide to turn about and back up toward the enemy! At times they'll point the correct direction to fire, but then back away without firing a shot. I understand that crews who feel threatened will retreat, but they could at least back off while firing. Alas, the backing off is rare. These jagdpanthers just want to point their butts at the enemy guns. Does this happen to anyone else? I am new, so perhaps it's something I'm doing wrong? Thanks for the help!
co1191

Re: Tank Destroyer AI

Postby Top_Secret » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:28 am

Oh it's happened to me, it's even happened to unattended Tiger H's too. I guess they just don't want to be idle when you haven't given them anything new to do for over 1-3 minutes. Read my most recent post about a stupid tiger situation I had, where I practically was unable to kill a Sherman V at point blank range with it, and then got killed by it backing into an AT gun.
Top_Secret

Postby Andywoolnough » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:44 pm

This is really frustrating me too. This is a great game but my god the jagdpanther AI seems to be uniquely retarded. I get that crews might be disoriented or scared but mostly these tanks have line of sight on shermans and don't take any shot. They just keep wiggling around and and changing line of sight until eventually they either get hit and destroyed or get hit and then decide to back up into the oncoming fire. The only time I've come close to finishing this mission I had the last Sherman surrounded by five tanks all With line of sight indicated. Not one fired. They all just got picked off one by one. As I say, so frustrating and I can't seem to get line of sight right off a top view 2D map.
Andywoolnough

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:19 pm

I've had a quick check pitting a single Jagdpanther against an enemy tank so the Jagdpanther had to turn to face the enemy before shooting and that seemed to work OK but I'll play through the Jagdpanther scenario and see if under actual combat situations there's a bug there.

I guess in real life though turret-less tanks must have been terrible to attack with and would be much better suited to ambush defences.
Sean OConnor

Postby Andywoolnough » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Thanks. Probably my playing a factor also. Great game by the way. I played the PC version and love the iPad incarnation. Nicely done.
Andywoolnough

Return to Firefight