the real challenge is to capture
the objective with your infantry...

and the greatest challange then is to
capture it with your HQ unit this requires
alot of manuvering...
if you run..you'll only die tired

Goblinarcher

Post by Goblinarcher » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:35 am

im prolly just incompetent but my tanks run away wen they start taking fire from anything that shoots purple lines

Greatgraddage

Post by Greatgraddage » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:31 pm

You;ve got to be quite lucky to pull that off, if they have anti tank stuff (especially later in the war when every other german has a panzerfaust) you can lose your tanks quick, or they just stop dead in the open.
Firefight... Those were the days.....

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:31 am

I need to add anti-tank rifles too which would make this tactic harder in earlier years.

Greatgraddage

Post by Greatgraddage » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:00 pm

I find it quite a hard tactic to pull off anyway, if they just have even one anti tank gun it can stall the advance. What are the exact conditions for a win in an attack? Do you need x amound of firepower there or should the enemy be x distance away or what?
Firefight... Those were the days.....

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:00 pm

if you come from two angles at once, a gun cant shoot in two directions at once, so just hope you have in tanks the number of guns they have + the amount they can take out + one[/quote]

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:20 am

To easily win 99% of your attacks (especially as the Americans with their speedy little Stuarts or the Germans early in the war with their dirt cheap Czech tanks), simply sell every troop you've got and and buy the cheapest tanks you can. Start the mission, drop smoke on the objective and order every tank you've got straight to the objective. You don't need to worry about positioning, and you probably don't even need the smoke, but it makes me feel safer. Sure, a few will get shot at along the way, and you'll likely lose one or two, but when you 5-7 tanks charging the objective, theirs just not enough artillery in the game to stop all of them.

Word of warning: If you can only afford three or four tanks, this method will most likely fail.

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:48 am

Anonymous wrote:To easily win 99% of your attacks (especially as the Americans with their speedy little Stuarts or the Germans early in the war with their dirt cheap Czech tanks), simply sell every troop you've got and and buy the cheapest tanks you can. Start the mission, drop smoke on the objective and order every tank you've got straight to the objective. You don't need to worry about positioning, and you probably don't even need the smoke, but it makes me feel safer. Sure, a few will get shot at along the way, and you'll likely lose one or two, but when you 5-7 tanks charging the objective, theirs just not enough artillery in the game to stop all of them.

Word of warning: If you can only afford three or four tanks, this method will most likely fail.

Yeah, that always works for me but it kinda takes the fun out of the game. In fact, I have done the exact thing all the time with just two tanks and have won countless battles under five minutes! Just take a tank and tell him to go to the nearest forest (If he gets caught, which rarely happens, use your secondary tank). From there, tell him to move to the next outside clump of trees. Continue this tactic, taking 5-10 second breaks at tree clusters, and presto! You are at the flag with zero anti-tank guns even noticing you :wink: ! P.S. It doesn't work in the desert... no trees :P !
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.