terrain request

Real time World War II combat simulation
Goblinarcher

terrain request

Post by Goblinarcher » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:47 am

i think it would be cool to have a city terrain that was almost all roads and buildings for fighting in an erban environment

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:34 am

Me too! The biggest problem for me is graphics though. On some of my other games (eg Critical Mass and Conquest) I've paid for someone to do the graphics for me but it isn't cheap. Doing all the graphics for a city scene would cost me a fortune.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:22 pm

In theory this would be nice. In practice I doubt it would work very well with this game. The way you get units to move and the way individual squad members are spread out doesn't seem like it would go well in an urban environment. What I wouldn't mind seeing is the US Marines against the Japanese in the Pacific. But, really, the gameplay would be the same with just different graphics so it doesn't matter much.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:57 pm

any chance of a d-day seaborne attack? with DD tanks to boot, maybe selecting different beaches for difficulty - slaughtered on omaha, slightly less slaughtered on the others...
realise it would be tricky but it would give a nice starting point to the european campaign, in the same way that city-scapes would give diversification or a good ending (some of the last few german fights in berlin etc)

Tim_Myth

Post by Tim_Myth » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:22 am

As far as terrain goes, I thought Russian in February was looking rather green.

Fer

Post by Fer » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:53 am

@ Sean,

Assumption: The terrains are generated using a fixed set of graphics pre-fabs which are contained in some kind of library.

If that assumption is correct, do you think you could release one of the sets onto this board in an uncompiled format? That way, ppl here might make (or collaborate to make) new sets of terrain graphic libraries - e.g. Russia in winter, Pacific Island, Jungle.

I'm sure there is interest within this community to contribute something back to you and the others :)

- Fer <TZW> :)

Greatgraddage

Post by Greatgraddage » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:07 pm

Did you work for BAS? Possibly the best OFP team that existed! Legend!

Sorry about being off topic :D
Firefight... Those were the days.....

qwas

Post by qwas » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:21 am

Anonymous wrote:any chance of a d-day seaborne attack? with DD tanks to boot, maybe selecting different beaches for difficulty - slaughtered on omaha, slightly less slaughtered on the others...
realise it would be tricky but it would give a nice starting point to the european campaign, in the same way that city-scapes would give diversification or a good ending (some of the last few german fights in berlin etc)

Or after they land
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2

qwas

Post by qwas » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:21 am

Fer wrote:@ Sean,

Assumption: The terrains are generated using a fixed set of graphics pre-fabs which are contained in some kind of library.

If that assumption is correct, do you think you could release one of the sets onto this board in an uncompiled format? That way, ppl here might make (or collaborate to make) new sets of terrain graphic libraries - e.g. Russia in winter, Pacific Island, Jungle.

I'm sure there is interest within this community to contribute something back to you and the others :)

did you just register
Last edited by qwas on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fer

Post by Fer » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:52 am

@ qwas - Not sure I get your point, mate :) I had a read through a lot of the forum before posting, but perhaps I have missed something obvious and made a silly (or just oft-repeated) suggestion. If so, could you help me understand what/why? Thanks :)

@ Greatgraddage - You're very kind! Yes, I am part of BAS. We're not actively involved in OFP1 development anymore, but we haven't gone away ;)

qwas

Post by qwas » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:57 am

did you just register to the forums?

Fer

Post by Fer » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:53 pm

@ qwas - Yes, just in the last few weeks. Why? LOL, you're being very cryptic with your one-liners, mate :)

Greatgraddage

Post by Greatgraddage » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:32 pm

Yea, I heard you're doing VBS stuff now, will you be doing Armed Assault and/or OFP2 stuff?

Fer

Post by Fer » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:16 pm

Greatgraddage wrote:Yea, I heard you're doing VBS stuff now, will you be doing Armed Assault and/or OFP2 stuff?

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Also, I think Sean will kill us both for taking this waaaaaaaay off topic ;)

BTW, do you know what qwas is on about? I'm confused! :?

Greatgraddage

Post by Greatgraddage » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:30 pm

Not a clue what he's on about!

I'll take the death :D