sighting the enemy

Real time World War II combat simulation
Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

sighting the enemy

Post by Fighter_Ace » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:20 am

I myself really don't like how when you sight the enemy, he just disappears after a while after he has moved. I think the game would be funner, like on critical mass, if you would have to get in range to "see" the enemy. I find it really annoying to have to slotter my army to get close enough to the enemy to make him move so I can just SEE him!!! If I didn't do that, he would just sit there forever not budging and I would never see him!!! Could you explain to me why you have it like it is, Sean?
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:36 am

Cos it's more realistic this way.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:27 pm

My advice is that you just shoot the areas where you see muzzle flashes (as soldiers did for real). I once read that during the Vietnam War the US Army usually spent a few hundred shots per enemy killed since they often just kept shooting wildly until the enemy would be scared enough to leave his position (and get shot) or someone would get close enough to use hand grenades. Don't know whether or not that is true, though. Anyway the enemy will start moving (usually away from you) once his position gets shot up sufficiently.