Injured HQ-help

Real time World War II combat simulation

Injured HQ-help

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:53 pm

guys, i'm new to this game and it seems injured units can move, but slower. Theres an exception to this rule though, my lieutenant is injured (red box around him), but the rest of his HQ units will go off without him, half my units are out of radio range and i cant move my Lieutenant to get it back. I thought maybe he wasnt needed so i moved the rest of the HQ to the out of range units, these HQ units are now out of range and it didnt help the problem. Can you heal injured units? and if not, have i lost?

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:58 pm

sorry for double post, but it seems there are two levels of injury, the lieutenant is a level :dark red

Re: Injured HQ-help

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:46 pm

Can you heal injured units? and if not, have i lost?

Light red wounded units seem to be able to move. Dark red wounded don't, as far as I can tell, and are likely to surrender to nearby enemy.

If you're attacking, I'd say you've lost this particular game. If it's a campaign, probably best to "Orders", "Retreat" and do better in the next battle. Doing badly in campaign battles doesn't end the campaign, it just drags down your final campaign rating.

You (your lieutenant) dying, however, will end the campaign after the current battle. You've got to keep yourself alive!

I don't think having your lieutenant close to your troops boosts them in any way so, while keeping your lieutenant skulking at the back may seem cowardly, it's probably the most practical thing to do. Some sort of "command benefit" for HQs up with the troops would be a good improvement to the game, I feel.

Cheers,

Andy

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Radio contact

Post by Fighter_Ace » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:52 am

Yes... staying in the back is quite the best thing to do. And about the radio being out of range, there are several things you can do to fix that. Number one, try to keep out of trees. Trees block your radio signal and thats always bad. Number two, try to elevate yourself. The best way to do this is to get up on a hill. The hill also serves as protection from bullets. Up on the hill only big guns can reach you. And lastly, number three. Try to stay out of battle. HQ isn't the best thing to attack with :P .
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

qwas

Re: Radio contact

Post by qwas » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:37 pm

Fighter_Ace wrote:Number one, try to keep out of trees. Trees block your radio signal and thats always bad.Try to stay out of battle. HQ isn't the best thing to attack with :P .

Being out of trees is bad cause you can't hide and ambush.
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2