[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Enemy Arty Advantage?

Enemy Arty Advantage?

Real time World War II combat simulation

Postby Legacy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:55 am

I always fight on... my boys know I'd have wanted it that way.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

on artillery ranging fire

Postby andrew516 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Has anyone else ever had just one or 2 ranging shots fired before the HE target area is hit, starting a fire for effect? I know for a fact that on rare occasions i've had to fire just one ranging shot. This could account for what was said about the enemy firing two seperate salvos in different locations in quick succession. The AI plays by the same rules that we have to so maybe on that occasion they got lucky and were able to fire for effect much sooner. We all know how long a 3 round ranging period for HE or smoke can take. Also I have on occasions been able to place a HE fire target over or overlapping where my last salvo is going to land (the last salvo is in flight and the old fire for effect target has disappeared) and the last salvo landing in or near the new target area instigates an immediate new 'fire for effect'. This has happened on multiple occasions for me to the point where if i'm shelling the final objective or a particullaly strong enemy concentration I will always try and renew the HE fire while the last salvo is flying thru the air. On the rare occasion it works and the enamy take 3 more salvos in relativly quick succession. 8)
andrew516

Previous

Return to Firefight