[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Ah, a new addiction

Ah, a new addiction

Real time World War II combat simulation

Ah, a new addiction

Postby highlandsun » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:20 am

I bought "All the Windows Games" a while back, before Firefight was there. Just a little while ago I downloaded the demo, and now I've played it at least a dozen times already. I suppose it's silly after the first time, because you pretty much know where the big guns are deployed, but hey, I don't have any other missions to try. So now I'm just trying to make it through the mission with zero casualties. So far my best seems to be 41 minutes and 2 casualties. 1 enemy survived, 24 killed, 1 captured.

I suppose part of it is luck still, but it seems if you guide your infantry thru the cover they're pretty unlikely to get hit...
highlandsun

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:55 am

I thought the demo was quite easy, and was in for a shock when I got the full game. I still get rated very good or better for my battles, but rather than the leisurely stroll to the objective that the demo was they have a tendancy to turn into desperate combats with massive casualties and entire 10 minute sections where most of my guys are too scared to do anything but burrow into the ground.

It's great :-D

Postby qwas » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:08 am

Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2
qwas

Return to Firefight