[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Version 5.0 for Windows is finished!

Version 5.0 for Windows is finished!

Real time World War II combat simulation

Version 5.0 for Windows is finished!

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:04 pm

If you've downloaded an update in the last couple of years this new version will be available from that same link you used with the same password. Otherwise, if you've bought a copy in the past send me an email (please let me know the email you would have bought the game under so I can look it up in the orders database - or better still send a copy of the order email receipt).

The major improvements are:

- Whole new set of graphics
- Marshes added
- Hold down the Spacebar to highlight all of your troops at once
- American Marines added as a separate nationality
- New scenarios "Burma" and "Malaya" added
- Option to automatically center a unit when you click on it

I've also done some tweaking:

- Fixed the bug that stopped you seeing firing ranges when setting up in defence by pressing the 'F' key
- Mortars are a bit more effective, small arms a bit less
- Shows the setup area red line marker on the map too
- The game is more efficient with memory so should be fewer problems on older machines
- Clicking on a squad on the screen makes the list of units on the control panel scroll to show it

Let me know what you think, especially if you spot any problems!
Sean OConnor

Postby the space predator » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:30 pm

I need to write something, so i create that signature.
the space predator

Postby the space predator » Sat May 01, 2010 6:23 pm

Last edited by the space predator on Mon May 03, 2010 2:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
the space predator

Postby Andy Brown » Sun May 02, 2010 7:56 am

Andy Brown

Postby the space predator » Fri May 07, 2010 10:05 pm

the space predator

Postby Sean OConnor » Mon May 10, 2010 9:44 am

Sean OConnor

Postby Mischief Maker » Tue May 18, 2010 8:13 am

Mischief Maker

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed May 19, 2010 2:47 pm

Great! Thanks for letting me know that. I've put quite a lot of work into minimizing the amount of memory needed by the game so it's good to hear that it's had an effect!
Sean OConnor

Postby Wulf Corbett » Wed May 19, 2010 10:34 pm

It may be just me, but when I started an Aussie campaign in North Africa, the force was mainly composed of Papuan Guerrillas (with the note they were only available in New Guinea)...

I edited the force & carried on, but was that intended?
Wulf Corbett

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu May 20, 2010 9:25 am

The game doesn't know that those squads aren't meant to be used in the desert - there's just a note on the description text from the guy who sent me that data. If you don't like those squads you can go into the folder Firefight\Data\Infantry and delete the file Australians-Papuans.txt and they won't appear again.

I had this problem with the US forces in the West and in the Pacific having different squads and equipment. To solve that I created a whole new "US Marines" nationality to separate out the differences between them. I could create new nationalities like Brits/Australians in the Pacific and even Germans on the East and West fronts (you never got Elefant tanks in the West for example). It could start to get a bit fiddly though so it might not be worth it!
Sean OConnor

Postby Wulf Corbett » Thu May 20, 2010 7:30 pm

I figured it might be that, just thought I'd check.
Wulf Corbett

Postby Andy Brown » Fri May 21, 2010 1:22 am

Andy Brown

Postby the space predator » Fri May 21, 2010 4:32 pm

the space predator

Postby Andy Brown » Sat May 22, 2010 2:25 am

Andy Brown

Postby Andy Brown » Sun May 23, 2010 4:55 am

Andy Brown

Next

Return to Firefight