Version 5.0 for Windows is finished!

Real time World War II combat simulation
Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:33 am

Knut wrote:As you stated, your main problem is placing your blue deployment line in position so that you can maintain radio contact with your unit.

This is not what I stated, mate. This is what I stated: :)
In my case, the request for some sort of elevation indication has nothing to do with command and control, which I generally don't have problems with ...

IMO there's nothing wrong with the radio comms rule. It'a a bit artificial but it achieves the very realistic goal of making players think about where they're going to locate themselves during the battle.

But I should be able to immediately see, just by looking at the map, the difference between a 10 metre-high bump which probably won't affect command-and-control too much, and a 30 metre-high hill which will definitely block comms.

At the moment, it's not possible to do this with the current graphical representation of the fractal terrain.

Andy Brown

mllange

How to download the upgrade

Post by mllange » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:52 pm

Purchase the 13-game Windows Games collection a while back and I'd like to upgrade to 5.0. How do I obtain a download of the upgraded version that is for registered owners?

Sean OConnor

Re: How to download the upgrade

Post by Sean OConnor » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:25 am

mllange wrote:Purchase the 13-game Windows Games collection a while back and I'd like to upgrade to 5.0. How do I obtain a download of the upgraded version that is for registered owners?

Send me an email at sean@windowsgames.co.uk and I'll look up your order in the database.

andrew516

e-mail for update not replied to

Post by andrew516 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Hello Sean. I recently e-mailed you requesting a link for the 5.0 update but recieved no reply. I don't know if you just haven't checked e-mails recently or its been junk mailed but if you could get back to me with the link it would be much appreciated.

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:02 pm

don't worry, ihetake time to reply sometime, but he will answer you. for the last football-o-saurus' update, I have wait about two week :)
I need to write something, so i create that signature.