[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Panicked Enemy Rushing Your Lines

Panicked Enemy Rushing Your Lines

Real time World War II combat simulation

Panicked Enemy Rushing Your Lines

Postby Knut » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:15 pm

So ever have the perfect ambush set up with enemy troops advancing directly across an open field towards your line? It sounds like a perfect set up, but inevitably when your troops open up on them, they panic and a few start sprinting straight towards your lines.

Now this shouldn't be a problem, as it should be a piece of cake for a squad of troops in cover to take out the few guys still upright advancing 40+ yards towards your lines. But way too often I find that a few make it to my line and send *my* troops then fleeing. This has got to be one of the most annoying and unrealistic things there is.
Knut

My soldiers panic too

Postby JeanBoule » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:35 am

Yes I have had this happen, some time ago it worked in my favour and I reported it, I can't find the post now.

When I noticed it the most, it was one of my guys who "panicked" in your words. "Behaved with exemplary courage" I called it.

I sent a squad as a flank guard, towards a building from which fire was coming. They reached their assigned position, then one man suddenly charged the building, fired weapon, threw a grenade IIRC. Four enemy promptly surrendered, a couple more routed away. My soldier returned to his squad.

A great result I just wish I could get them to do it more often.

As for when the enemy does it to mine, I have not noticed it enough to be an annoyance.
Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

Re: Panicked Enemy Rushing Your Lines

Postby Perturabo » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:07 am

Perturabo

Postby Newsparta » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:04 am

I have also had this happen, 30+ troops of my own were in the treeline and there were a good 100-150 yards of open space ahead of them. the enemy gets into the field, my 30 guns open up, they have maybe 40-50 total advancing towards me half of which were in the field, about 5 enemies panicked and ran for my lines, busted a hole right through my lines and about 5 of the 10 guys of my own that ran away were shot down and then with the lack of fire on my side because of my own guys running my firing line disintegrated and i was forced to retreat... btw this all took place within the first 30 seconds to a minute of shots being fired, id say thats annoying
Newsparta

Postby Knut » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:01 am

Knut

Re: Panicked Enemy Rushing Your Lines

Postby tamorrison » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Charging a near ambush is a standard battle drill. That's why the "panicked" enemy is rushing your lines. Your in-game experience beautifully shows why this is a standard battle drill. That the game reflects this accurately is to its credit.
tamorrison

Return to Firefight