Possible Cheat Code Ideas

Real time World War II combat simulation
Knut

Possible Cheat Code Ideas

Post by Knut » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:24 am

Just thinking it would be cool if there were some cheats available in the game for non-campaign play.

1. Show enemy. All of them, all the time, from the beginning.

2. Unlimited points. 20 King Tigers headed straight at you!

3. No arty. Turns off artillery.

3. Enemy Smoke. All AI arty are smoke rounds.

Any other ideas?

JeanBoule

Post by JeanBoule » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:26 am

I never play campaigns so I am with you on these points.

1. A good option for learning the game. Also, I would like to be able to do an instant surrender, with the enemy troops revealed. As it is, I have to order a retreat, and the enemy moves as my tyroops are retreating, so I can't see exactly where they were when I quit.

2. Yes. Mainly because I know that real military units are not a mix of vehicle types.

3. Yes. Some military situations have no arty or a huge amount of it.

4. Enemy smoke would be good to see sometimes.

5. I would like to see a much better artillery model. To be able to buy more artillery rounds to use, DF tasks to use in defense, and creeping and sustained barrages in attack.

Nice to see someone is interested enough to do a post.
Voila du boudin!

tamorrison

Re: Possible Cheat Code Ideas

Post by tamorrison » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:12 am

I personally don't like cheat codes. They ruin the point of the game: to challenge one's mind.

That said, the lack of a scalable AI in the game does make it harder for novice wargamers in campaign mode. Single battles can, of course, be set to an easier level.

When my sons play in campaign mode, I stack their headquarters units. Historically, German infantry company headquarters had an extra machinegun and Italian company headquarters had several extra riflemen as runners. In Firefight, the headquarters unit is free, even if it includes two flamethrowers, five medium mortars, and five ammunition bearers.

Top_Secret

Re: Possible Cheat Code Ideas

Post by Top_Secret » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:38 am

What's with this advertisement raiding this forum?