[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Is anyone still interested in this game?

Is anyone still interested in this game?

Real time World War II combat simulation

Is anyone still interested in this game?

Postby JeanBoule » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:39 am

Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

Postby Knut » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:53 am

Knut

Postby JeanBoule » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:31 am

Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

Postby TheKangaroo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Sorry. Not been around much, just too many other things and too little time. I'm still interested in the game, still playing my old campaign now and then, but definitely not as much as I used to. The way it seems, though, it's a general problem recently, the forums as a whole seem to have been very quiet, and I guess the same five or so people popping their heads in now and then aren't really a big deal in sales, even if the suggestions are good.
From what I gathered Sean seems to be getting into that whole 'App' market a bit now; might be just where the money is and also doing something new might just be more interesting than to keep tinkering with the old games all the time.
TheKangaroo

Postby V4LDEZ » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:09 am

New player here :3
Stumbled upon this game recently and cant seem to let it go. Ive been homing my skills on the demo so far, but after doing the research, hearing it from all you guys, it really makes me want to shoot Sean some support here. Well done man, lol. So, yeah, looking forward to the full version...
-Pvt :D
V4LDEZ

Re:

Postby spillblood » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:06 pm

spillblood

Re: Is anyone still interested in this game?

Postby TheKangaroo » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:00 am

TheKangaroo

Postby UberMoo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:31 pm

I still play too and would love to see a further version released. :)
UberMoo

Postby tamorrison » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Yes, I play it quite a bit. I actually like it more than more expensive games like Starcraft II because 1) I can mod it, and 2) it's more realistic.
tamorrison

Postby Satirical Nick » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:57 pm

I love this game. I hope sean gets back to the developers seat for it.
Satirical Nick

Postby joewoods » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:05 pm

As compared to realistic gaming this is not that good but still like a bit...
joewoods

Postby tamorrison » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Well, it is more realistic than most other games. Mr. O'Connor has done a good job researching armor thicknesses and angles, armor penetration of various weapons, the effects of troops quality and morale. Compare that to more expensive games like Command & Conquer and Starcraft. The only comparable game that comes to my mind is Advanced Squad Leader, which is a board game with a large list of rules -- very realistic, but not as playable. Of course, people want more, but Firefight is well done.
tamorrison

Postby spillblood » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:17 pm

spillblood

Postby tamorrison » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:10 am

I wonder...

I understand that Mr. O'Connor is a one-man show and is focused on the more profitable games, but I think that maybe if the game had an open game license (OGL) for player-designed mods, he could harness the imaginations and industry of his many fans, which would increase the overall popularity of the game. Paizo did the same for their version of Dungeons and Dragons and it was a smash hit.

As one businessman put it, "Would you rather have the benefit of 100% of your efforts, or 1% of 100 people's efforts?" The answer, of course, to harness the power of the mass. If one has 100% of one's own efforts, there is no room for growth, whereas if one has 1% of 100 people's efforts, one can always expand to get 1% of 200 people's efforts, etc.
tamorrison

Postby Perturabo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:06 am

Perturabo

Next

Return to Firefight