Is anyone still interested in this game?

Real time World War II combat simulation
tamorrison

Re: Is anyone still interested in this game?

Post by tamorrison » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Points well made, Perturabo. I had not played Close Combat, Armored Brigade, or Steel Panthers. Thank you for your information.

georgek

Post by georgek » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:22 am

From what I've found this game is one of a kind, and I still do play it on occasion. An iOS/Android version would be great.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:19 am

It definitely is a one of a kind and the realism factor is very high indeed. The main weakness are some limitation in the AI, mostly about tanks.

spillblood

Post by spillblood » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:45 am

Perturabo wrote: Armored Brigade - Armored Brigade differs from Firefight in that it has much more flexible size (platoon to brigade, maps are 2kmx2km to 15kmx15km), ability to zoom out and zoom in view, some special effects like turrets sometimes falling off, infantry units are presented as units with a specific amount of soldiers which don't exist as separate entities, various terrain types, pre-made maps, command delays. The downside is that it has no campaign. Also, it's free.
Thanks for mentioning Armored Brigade. Great game! I really hope Sean updates the Windows version after finishing the iPad-version of Firefight. He could even offer those updates as a paid DLC, I'd be willing to pay for the update. It's a unique game that hardly has any competition, it should get better known than it is at present.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Yes, I'm planning to port the iPad version to Windows (especially if it turns out to be a hit on the iPad!) It's ended up being a complete re-write from scratch and really is way better than the current Windows version.