Firefight modern day mod

Real time World War II combat simulation
Matthijs

Firefight modern day mod

Post by Matthijs » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:25 am

I just came across this game, and I love it!

But... (there's always a "but") I like to play modern day games better. Changing sounds was easy, but I would like to modify graphics and weapon statistics too. Is that possible?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem will start to look like a nail.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:53 am

The game isn't very mod-able at the moment but that's something that might happen in the future. If you've got some good sounds could you email them to me and I'll think about adding them?

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:21 pm

Sean O'Connor wrote:The game isn't very mod-able at the moment but that's something that might happen in the future. If you've got some good sounds could you email them to me and I'll think about adding them?

I am only working on/looking for modern day sounds like M16, M240 and AT4. Currently busy with OFP and VBS1 things.

When doing stuff for Firefight the way you mention it, I think I/you/we should be careful to avoid copyrights problems. My current work is mostly non-commercial, so I can afford to be "less considerate" when using sounds from other games.

Here you you can find some things from the portofolio of my friends and me:
http://llw.the-dropzone.net/

Greatgraddage

Post by Greatgraddage » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:09 pm

OFP! The best game ever! Apart from firefight of course :D

Modability is the best thing to add to every game, It's the reason OFP is still going strong.
Firefight... Those were the days.....

Matthijs

Post by Matthijs » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:28 pm

Before yesterday, I had never heard of Firefight. Have been playing around with Close Combat, Road to Baghdad and CC:Marines, but it's just much too complex and too big for a quick and fun little fight.

I would love to see a "CC:Marines" or "Road to Baghdad" style Firefight.
Maybe "Firefight: Road to Pyongyang"?
:D
If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem will start to look like a nail.