More Free Battles

Real time World War II combat simulation
TonyInOregon

More Free Battles

Post by TonyInOregon » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:09 pm

I've tried the free download game and found the concept of the game interesting and enjoyable.

But ...

There is still a lot to be experienced and attempted before I put out $20. Some free downloads feature and extra screen or battlefield or room or team or ... what ever. Does Firefight? I really want to see more, do more, kill more before I put out my money.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:54 pm

Real frankly if you're going to buy Firefight you're way better off getting them all for $40 which is a huge bargain. I play 6 of the 8, not crazy about football or rats but some people are, and the other five are excellent also. You might like to give them a try. I was surprised at Slay, really addicting.

Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:31 am

The retail version of the game ($20 US, or you can buy all 8 of the Sean O'Connor games for $40 US), has the following:

You can be Italian, French, British, German, Soviet or US.

You can attack or defend.

You can choose your force from a variety of available tanks, squads and heavy weapons.

You can choose one of five levels of difficulty (affects the size of the enemy force).

Every game generates a new map using a random seed, so a particular battle can be replayed any number of times. However, there is currently no scenario editor.

You can play the campaign, where you choose a nationality and progress through WW2 fighting a series of historically appropriate battles for that nationality (you don't know the difficulty setting for each campaign game).

Each map is based around one of five basic terrain types: villages, desert, forest, lowlands and hills.

Unfortunately, there is no network capability. The game is solitaire only, although some inter-human competition can be achieved by seeing who can do best at any given battle.

Hope that helps. It's a cut & paste from something I posted about the game on usenet a few months ago.

Cheers,

Andy

free firefight

Post by guest » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:50 am

anyone know where i can find a cracked version ?

Re: free firefight

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:51 am

guest wrote:anyone know where i can find a cracked version ?

:)

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:32 am

Or not!

Even I finally begged, borrowed, and stole to get the cash for this. My first post since actually buying the games... A whole new feel...

qwas

Post by qwas » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:21 pm

if you want to but the full version of a game get all of them as one-by-one would cost ?100! (not sure about $) and only ?25 or something and for about ?3 more you can get everything for all types.

Skuzoid

Post by Skuzoid » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:11 am

you are a cracked version, of a human.