No defence or attack modes - just a thought

Real time World War II combat simulation
Andywoolnough

No defence or attack modes - just a thought

Post by Andywoolnough » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:58 am

I'm currently on campaign mode and really loving the attacking stuff - great game, really addictive. However, when it comes to defence I'm getting a little dissappointed with it. All that seems to happen is your hapless infantry get annihilated without doing for a single Jerry and you rely on your AT crews and tanks to get anything done for you. If you try to move your forces tactically (I stupidly decided to give up a hill I'd been defending ferociously to lure the Germans out of their positions and free up the game a bit and the squad got anihilated and the AT crew decided to push the gun forwards (not back!) into a hail of fire - very sensible!

So it occured to me that perhaps an off-shoot of FF might be good - where you get put into the field with your forces to try to take the appointed hill, but so does the opposition. This brings it back to the original paint-ball version from which, I believe, this version stemmed. No more frustrating defence, just a free-flowing tactical game. What do you reckon?

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:45 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much what I suggested a few months ago. Put the flag in the middle and let them fight for it. It's a meeting engagement. :D