New Unit: SNIPER

Real time World War II combat simulation
Tim_Myth

New Unit: SNIPER

Post by Tim_Myth » Mon May 16, 2005 10:46 am

Great game! My son and I play it all the time!

A sniper would come in really handy during the infantry stalemates in late games. Make him a unit of one soldier with a cost of two, a slow fire rate (about as fast as arty), a long range, and an above average chance to hit.

Also, end battles once your HQ has retreated off the field. It is annoying to watch your badly wounded guys get shot at by an enemy that won't leave the objective. Maybe if tey had a sniper they'd be able to kill these badly wounded guys quicker and I'd spend less time waiting.

Just my $.02. ;)

Quitch

Post by Quitch » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:27 am

That's a thought... why isn't there a sniper unit?

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:34 pm

Sniper... *tsk, tsk, tsk* this isn't the war in Iraq and modern day people! Already mortar men seem to kill loads of my men. Snipers? Think of all the casualties! From men... hiding in the grass! Imagine for a moment... your army is approaching the target when all of a sudden... snap! You've lost a man, and another, and still another. Not that great now would it be? Besides, why complicate the game more by adding snipers!
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Quitch

Post by Quitch » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:06 pm

Because WW2 had them and taking them wouldn't be hard in the same way that nailing an HMG, despite its rate of fire, isn't hard. Supress, advance, destroy. The maps aren't so big you couldn't figure them out.

Mortars seem too accurate though.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:33 pm

Well, WWII had its snipers, but they weren't independent squads in most armies back then. Most soldiers equipped with scoped rifles were attached to infantry squads and not much better trained than the other riflemen. Of course they were there to provide more accurate fire over long distances, but their rifles hardly paid when full-scale attacks were rolling as they usually did not have time to set up a good position and aim but had to keep up with their squads.
Actual sniper-teams were rather rare and mostly found in the SAS, the OSS and the like but not in ordinary infantry companies.

GUEST!

Post by GUEST! » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:07 am

Fighter_Ace wrote:Sniper... *tsk, tsk, tsk* this isn't the war in Iraq and modern day people! Already mortar men seem to kill loads of my men. Snipers? Think of all the casualties! From men... hiding in the grass! Imagine for a moment... your army is approaching the target when all of a sudden... snap! You've lost a man, and another, and still another. Not that great now would it be? Besides, why complicate the game more by adding snipers!

Hehe.. snipers are great :P
and if that happens just slam those snipers with mortar fire :D

Deandre651

Something new

Post by Deandre651 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:36 am

Quitch wrote: The maps aren't so big you couldn't figure them out.

For heaven's sake, stop writing about "couldn't" already!

Thegreatnick

Post by Thegreatnick » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:37 pm

What's wrong with couldn't?
Thegreatnick is here!
Lesser Nicks beware.