[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Mortors are things that I dislike.

Mortors are things that I dislike.

Real time World War II combat simulation

Mortors are things that I dislike.

Postby Andywoolnough » Mon May 16, 2005 1:26 pm

Anyone else getting really really annoyed that enemy mortors are so accurate? I played this game for around a year and I lose the vast majority of men through mortor fire. I've just played and I lost 28 infantry killed. 26 killed by mortors. 2 by artillery. Very very annoying. Can anything be done to even it up a little as my mortor teams, conversely, couldn't hit their backsides with both hands. Which is equally annoying!
Andywoolnough

Postby Sean OConnor » Mon May 16, 2005 2:24 pm

But the code for your mortars and theirs are exactly the same, so your should be just as effective as the enemy's.
Sean OConnor

Postby Andywoolnough » Mon May 16, 2005 4:02 pm

Hmmm, then that is strange as I get my mortar (I've now learned how to spell it!) teams to fire on an exposed enemy (ie with his purple ring round him) and nope, ten salvos later he's still lying there with a circle of shell holes around him. It's easier to get a tank to run people over then hit them with a mortar. I assume I'm doing it correctly by selecting the team, hitting fire and using the cursor with the purple line to click on the person I want to shuffle forth this mortal coil?

Conversely, most of my casualties are mortar fire and they seem to have an unerring accuracy. I'll have another go and see if I can get my chaps butchered by machine gun fire. It'll make a nice change for them. :D
Andywoolnough

Postby Sean OConnor » Tue May 17, 2005 9:41 am

Sean OConnor

Postby Andywoolnough » Wed May 18, 2005 4:38 pm

Andywoolnough

Postby Greatgraddage » Thu May 19, 2005 10:29 am

Greatgraddage

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:45 pm

ive said it in the tactics bit but send a squad around the back, or if this is undoable watch the pink pixels of death and for a while and you should be able to track them back to their source(usually ridiculously far back), then nail it with HE and your mortars - if it dont kill them it makes then stop, which is nice

ive noticed this ridiculous accuracy, but im assuming im only noticing the shots that hit my guys, the odd one ive seen in the air seems to miss, i can only assume they have a helluvalot of crews cause they never run out of ammo, same with their HE, and they never use smoke....

Postby Tim_Myth » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:29 am

Tim_Myth

Postby Fighter_Ace » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:33 am

Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Return to Firefight