Firefight for iPad (Jan 2013)

Real time World War II combat simulation
Sean OConnor

Re: Firefight for iPad

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:42 am

I'll try and get that done but I think I'll just have to hold a camera over my iPad, so it won't be a top quality video! The trouble is that although the game runs fine on an actual device (at 60fps) it runs at only about 10 frames a second on my Mac laptop's simulator - I've only got a 2008 white MacBook :( . A YouTube video might miss out on a lot of the quality of the actual game too as I don't think they run at as much as 60fps?

Knut

Post by Knut » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:12 am

I don't really know how you could do it, but i do think that at the level of gameplay you are talking about, a video simulation that shows the new quality and features such as pathfinding, etc. might be worth doing. Maybe something that you could stream or play or link to on your own site? Youtube does offer the wider reach. 3D games always have online videos that show actual game play.

Knut

Post by Knut » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:53 am

Sean OConnor wrote:Yes, I'd really like to port it to Windows and that really won't be very hard with the way I write games these days. I'll look into getting it on the Windows App Store - which unfortunately is only available to Windows 8. That way I can charge a really low price for it like iPhone/iPad games are, as the purchasing system is so much easier than taking people's credit card details for each order.
Have you got any further on producing a Windows 8 version?

spillblood

Post by spillblood » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Sean OConnor wrote: I'll see what I can do, but the big attraction for me is that it's so convenient using App Stores rather than trying to sell games through sites like Plimus.
You should look into other distribution methods. I've bought stuff over Plimus before and I'd agree that it's also a bit complicated for customers because download links will only work for a certain time and must be renewed by the seller. You should try Desura, Humble Bundle (you can sell through a widget from your website through their store, and I've read from other developers that they charge very low fees) or maybe services like Steam, GOG etc.