Serious bugs

Real time World War II combat simulation
Tim_Myth

Serious bugs

Post by Tim_Myth » Mon May 30, 2005 1:01 pm

I just got done playing two defensive battles, and had serious problems with both.

In the first, I completely stuffed the enemy. I wiped out his tanks quickly with some lucky barrages, a judiciously placed anti-tank gun, and an fortunate bend in the river that slowed his troops down. I brought all my forces to surround the river and swiftly mopped up the rest of his infantry with my tank. The whole thing was over in about 30-40 minutes. I won, but my rating was "Poor" because I "barely slowed the enemy down".

The second battle wasn't nearly as one sided, but again, very few of his troops actually crossed the river. I had all his infantry pinned down once his three tanks were gone and was waiting for the computer to realize it couldn't win when suddenly the mission ended. I had failed somehow even though the objective was never approached by the enemy, and again my rating was poor. In fact, the squad of men around my objective had never even fired a shot.

Perhaps the next release could handle retreats slightly better. IE, if I retreat it counts as an automatic loss, and the enemy can figure out I'm retreating. Or, if the enemy retreats, it negates the time factor (or gives me the best results for the time factor) so the score reflects a truly superb performance.

qwas

Re: Serious bugs

Post by qwas » Tue May 31, 2005 6:14 am

IE

Ouch, but anyway, did you know that IE stands for Internet Explorer and ie stands for example :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2

Andywoolnough

Post by Andywoolnough » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:50 am

Actually dude, e.g. stands for exempli gratia - [i]example given [/i]- whereas i.e stands for id est - [i]that is.[/i]

Educational wargaming in Latin? Who'd have thought it!?

qwas

Post by qwas » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:29 pm

IE is Internet Explorer, but ie is what you said
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2