wth?

Real time World War II combat simulation
frawsty

wth?

Post by frawsty » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:22 am

ok i am just not getting this game...i started and moved my guys up...never saw any enemy units. after a bit their was a firefight, i still never saw any units. i did sort of see where they were shooting from so i called an air strike...never came. gave up on game, posted this...

any info would help. this game seems to have potential and good sound but i just really dont get it :-/
Johnny
--------
http://www.funkyfreshdesigns.com
Web Dev, Game Dev, Computer Support, Networking and more!

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:35 am

It's because the game is meant to be a bit more realistic than an ordinary shoot-em-up. You can't see the enemy very often as they are hiding from your troops (as they don't want to get shot) but you do get to see their muzzle flashes.

It takes a long time for an artillery strike to land as they have to adjust their guns to drop a shot roughly on target before blazing away (I know cos I was in the Royal Artillery while at University)

I understand that this isn't everyone's cup of tea but it's the sort of game I like to play because it's more realistic.

frawsty

Post by frawsty » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:56 pm

So I just move up slowly until I get fired at, then return fire? I pretty much figured this but then how do you know if you killed your enemy? Do bodies show up? I'll play more. Thanks for the reply.
Johnny
--------

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:58 pm

Yeah, I've found that I can take it in small doses, but I still play it more than Rats or Football.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:20 pm

frawsty wrote:So I just move up slowly until I get fired at, then return fire? I pretty much figured this but then how do you know if you killed your enemy? Do bodies show up? I'll play more. Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you'll see dead bodies if you advance and come across them.

frawsty

Post by frawsty » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:30 pm

Bloody Nazis!

Is that Winston Churchhill speaking in the opening??
Johnny
--------

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:02 pm

But there is one thing I don't understand. How come when you have units right on top of a guy, you still can't see him? Is it because units like tanks don't have "view"? I never got this. Does anyone know?
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:59 pm

The body might be hidden in a slight dip in the ground and your troops may be too busy cowering from enemy fire to spot the body.

frawsty

Post by frawsty » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:02 pm

Sean O'Connor wrote:The body might be hidden in a slight dip in the ground and your troops may be too busy cowering from enemy fire to spot the body.

my money is on them being cowards hahaaha! :lol:
Johnny
--------

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:01 pm

like when flamethowers ordered to check out the smoke of a tank thevye just knocked out get shot at near point blank, and get killed on the 3rd group of shots, surely theyd see him on the first lot and turn and blast in an instinctive type move???

Stickie NorCal

Post by Stickie NorCal » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:03 pm

Those are all fine, but I am a little frustrated at how you can be almost on top of an enemy tank or artillery piece and still not have in appear. Yes, I can usually figure our approximately where it is by the muzzle blastsl, but I would assume that the actual soldiers directly next to it would have a better idea than I.

As far as not seeing enemy soldiers, remember that they cannot see you, either. I have been having good luck recently sneaking up on enemy troops and quickly dispatching them.