How do you find an enemy gun/tank if they can't be seen?

Real time World War II combat simulation

How do you find an enemy gun/tank if they can't be seen?

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:59 pm

I am having trouble finding out which "piece" of the enemies is what... it seems to be only infantry in the demo... with a purple circle around them... as you can't see your enemy all that much... how do you locate his guns/tanks at which to throw fire, etc... how do you find them if they can't be seen?

Sean OConnor

Re: How do you find an enemy gun/tank if they can't be seen?

Post by Sean OConnor » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:53 am

Anonymous wrote: how do you find them if they can't be seen?

You have to go and search for them.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:10 pm

lol

try looking for the origins of the pink dashes and smack some arty down on it. i find however that this rarely works for field guns, so just wait until your infantry refuse to advance up a certain hill (even with 4 squads converging), and that your tanks wont go near - this will be FGs.

enemy tanks tend not to be hidden for too long, usually moving towards your lines the moment you open fire. double machine guns moving down the screen are usually a sign of tanks attacking. once theyre in the open land some arty on them, usually takes out 1-2. a flamethrower out front in the likely direction of the attack usually gets some. if your nearby infantry starts taking heavy losses, or the FG shot is blocked by smoke, hit the tanks with mortars and theyll move

CJ

Thanks

Post by CJ » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:15 am

Hey,
Thanks guys, I figured it out now... those recon squads are good because you can advance toword enemy postistions and uncover their FGs and tanks... then hit them with mortars, field guns of your own, Arty, etc...
It wasn't hard to pick up once it happened to me the first time... now I do it purposefully...
Good job Sean... well worth every cent!
CJ

qwas

Re: Thanks

Post by qwas » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:28 am

CJ wrote:postistions

Any relation to politicians?, or positive?
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2