Rules

Real time World War II combat simulation
Flipper

Rules

Post by Flipper » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:31 pm

Sean,
I understand a lot of your games are nice and simple, however knowing a little more about some of the in depth games and critical mass would be helpful.

i.e. what is the criteria for taking objective in firefight? I have had 30+ guys dancing around my flag for 10 minutes before victory, and I have had 6 guys there for as little as 2 minutes with lots of enemy still around.

Weapon description would be nice in picking out troops.

is there a way of telling tanks to only use MG and save the heavy rounds for hard targets?

what about co-ordinating a cover and move? I set one squad u to supress and 1 to move. problem first squad fires 1 volley and squad 2 never moves. or squad 1 stops firing leaving squad 2 out in the open.

Friendly fire? is this possible?

do my tanks really run over the enemy or are they shot at the last second? will the tanks kill enemy I can't see by running over them?

Tim_Myth

Post by Tim_Myth » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:17 am

I can answer a couple of them...

Tanks will run over troops (although it is possible that they could get shot at the last moment). If you have a man run over by a tank and right click on the troops to get their status, you'll see a death description of "Run Over". I have also had several missions where I've used the tank blitz to win, and even though no shots were fired and no troops were seen, I have accumulated 4 or 5 kills. I can only assume that since I never fired a shot, they were run over.

And at least some forms of friendly fire are possible. I just had a bazooka man die from a bazooka shot, but the only enemy nearby was the tank he was shooting at. I can only assume he somehow managed to shoot himself. I have also torched friendly units with a flame thrower and lost units to FGs that were shooting at tanks. On the other hand, I've never had a confirmed case of deaths from friendly small arms fire.

AFAIK, tanks and FGs will use any means possible to kill every available target. It is discouraging to watch my tank waste 10 shots on a heavily wounded soldier in the middle of the battle field while neglecting an unseen FG that is shooting at said tank. :(
By Request DJ & Karaoke Company - Yesterday's Traditions, Tomorrow's Technology.

Andy

Post by Andy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:18 am

some sort of command like 'shoot it til its gone' would be nice, its annoying to see my panzerschreck whilst hiding from 3 tanks within its range, and it wasting all of its rounds at some random guy on the extreme of its range thats already pinned by mortar and small arms fire.

a command like suppress could be useful for mortars, only firing on a target when its shooting, allowing it to engage 2-3 targets at once, with a round to each every 30 seconds or so, rather than five in the same time, the last 4 doing nothing.

'fire when fired at' would be great for flanking moves - seeing my guys expose themselves in the middle of a field when if they hadnt fired a shot they wouldnt have been noticed gets annoying after a while. would be good too for maximum kills in defence
________
Ford Ikon picture
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quitch

Post by Quitch » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:16 pm

I would like units to stop firing inappropriate rounds at inappropriate targets, period.