[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - I need help with new voice sound effects. Want to help?

I need help with new voice sound effects. Want to help?

Real time World War II combat simulation

I need help with new voice sound effects. Want to help?

Postby Sean OConnor » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:10 pm

I've worked out how to use DirectSound in my games so now I can have as many different sounds playing at once (and sounds happening off screen get quieter the further away they are - which sounds very cool!) so I'd like to add some voice sound effects. If you'd like to help and you've got a microphone I'd be very grateful if you'd record any (or all!) of the following and email the .WAVs to me at sean@windowsgames.co.uk. It would be best if they were in an American accent but maybe in the future I'll try and add British, German, Russian, French and Italian too. What I need for now are:

Said matter of factly
=====================

- "Fire mission, over"
- "Fire mission, out"
- "Move Out"

Said with some urgency
======================

- "Contact!"
- "Medic!"
- "I surrender!"
- "Don't shoot!"
- "Covering fire!"
- "Cease Fire!"

Shouted with a bit of panic
===========================

- "Incoming!"
- "We're hit!"

Let me know if you can think of any other sounds the game needs too.

Thanks!
Sean OConnor

Postby guesy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:41 am

oh cool will do...!!!
guesy

Postby TheKangaroo » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:05 am

You can count me in, too, as long as I manage to get some acceptable recording quality. I can do German accent and spoken German and I guess I can talk one or two friends from the US into it.
TheKangaroo

Postby Andy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:25 pm

would you want the other countries in their languages or just with accent, cos i can almost do german words but im fairly ok with accents
________
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

Postby Andy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:26 pm

would you want the other countries in their languages or just with accent, cos i can almost do german words but im fairly ok with accents
________
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:27 am

Sean OConnor

Postby Garnier » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:50 pm

right. I hate hearing sounds in games that have radio distortion in them. I just want to know what they are saying for crying out loud!
Garnier

Postby Fighter_Ace » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:11 am

I would try out but I hate the sound of my voice played backImage. Got any special program for quality recording you know of? Maybe I won't sound so bad :lol: . Anyway, that sounds so awesome, Sean! I mean, wow man, total coolness! Where did you learn the secrets of DirectSound? And see, you're not so lazy as you always make yourself sound :wink: .
Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby qwas » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:22 am

Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2
qwas

Return to Firefight