[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Not enough RAM? I have 1 gig!

Not enough RAM? I have 1 gig!

Real time World War II combat simulation

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:06 am

I can't get the game to run either for the same reason. Just found it by accident and wanted to give it a try. I was a big Close Combat fan so I wanted to see how this game worked.

I too have an older (ancient) machine. It's a PII-450 with 128 MB of ram and a Voodoo II card with (I think) 8MB of memory. The OS is Win98SE. I can run some pretty big games on this machine including flight simulators, but Firefight will not work.

Postby Andy Brown » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:23 am

Andy Brown

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:04 am

Postby Quitch » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:57 pm

Quitch

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:58 am

I have 1 gig of RAM and a 256meg Video Card. Surely that should be enough to run the game.

Postby Sean OConnor » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:06 am

Sean OConnor

Postby Quitch » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:55 am

Quitch

Postby Greg » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:12 am

Hi, I have the same problem. My specs are: CPU: 2.4GHz, RAM:512MB, Graphic Cards Mem: 128MB, OS: Win98SE. I have two computers with simailar specs. I common factor is win98SE. Both computers have no background application running and no wallpaper. I am a computer programmer so I know a little about these problems. I can get the game started by reducing the windows color depth to 256 colors, then starting the game, then chaging the color depth back to 32bits. However when you do this the colors are odd (probable still only 256) but at least the game started. I hope you solve the problem as I loved the Close combat series and this looks similar.
Greg

Postby Quitch » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:10 am

98SE tends to require a restart once you bump up the colour setting, otherwise you get slightly wierd colours as you noted.

Right-Click the desktop and go through Active Desktop. See if Active Desktop Enabled is checked.
Quitch

Postby Machine2 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm

Machine2

It's getting weirder ...

Postby Manie_de » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:22 pm

Hi there !

Bought Firefight yesterday, installed it and then played it under Win XP with 32 bit colours and 1 gig RAM.

Played another game today and afterwards I played something else.
Was bored after some time and wanted to get back to my campaign in the Pacific, but NOW the game gives me the famous "low RAM" message !

Don't want to boot my pc now, but if this will work I'll let you know.

Bye,

Martin

Hi again !

Rebooting worked for me and now I'm able again to start Firefight.
Manie_de

Previous

Return to Firefight