Let's make bigger tanks!

Real time World War II combat simulation
Garnier

Let's make bigger tanks!

Post by Garnier » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:48 pm

Several of us have wanted bigger and better tank graphics, so now that the graphics are moddable, why dont we all pitch in and work on it ourselves? We can share the graphics so we dont each have to make our own set.

Anyone want to do that? If no one else wants to help, then I'm not going to do it myself, since it is a lot of work for one person to do.

qwas

Post by qwas » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:31 pm

I cant do that kind of stuff. Can you teach me?
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2

Ross_Moorhouse

Post by Ross_Moorhouse » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:02 am

You may also then want to chnage the size of the buildings to match the scale of the vehciles... But then the soliders are out of scale... I don't mean to shoot you down. But there is only a certain amoumt of rescaling that can be done before it all gets too big. Just my 2 Aussie cents worth.
Ross Moorhouse

www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org
CSO Group providing Expertise and Vision to a Dynamic World

qwas

Post by qwas » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:02 am

Sounds Reasonable.
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2

Quitch

Post by Quitch » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:21 pm

Ross_Moorhouse wrote:You may also then want to chnage the size of the buildings to match the scale of the vehciles... But then the soliders are out of scale... I don't mean to shoot you down. But there is only a certain amoumt of rescaling that can be done before it all gets too big. Just my 2 Aussie cents worth.

Soliders are currently too big IIRC, while everything else is to scale.

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:48 pm

Quitch has a point. One of those men currently couldn't fit in one of those tanks easily.
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:03 pm

If you want to make tanks and everything else bigger, you can decrease your windows resolution.

What I'd like is for the whole thing to look like its one res higher. If I increase my windows res, then slay and conquest (and moab to a lesser extent) are too small to play. So it's kind of a dilemma.

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:09 pm

Yeah, and if the men were any smaller, there would be for sure a lack of detail. Besides, you might lose track them.
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Andy

Post by Andy » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:47 pm

just like its so easy to lose tankettes - trees, smoke, other tanks, buildings cover them completely, ive even lost one in a hedge! with these you can really see R_Ms point - if a guy lyinging down is bigger than these things, how do you get 2 inside??
________
Toyota Camry history
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:28 am

One thing I've found helps locate units is to click on the list in the side box. That's why I suggested being able to use the mouse wheel to scroll. That would really make things easier.

Andy

Post by Andy » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:53 am

it was in about position 12 and i was looking at my HQ on the side bit, didnt know it was still around until it started shooting at stuff - right over my HQ, even with the bullet colouring it worries me for a moment or two.

(it was on an all tanks jap vs. jap nov '37 battle, very odd. incidentally, if i select the same battle but in january, i get a selection of no units, so i walk forwards with my HQ, and get shot at on the objctive by a few enemy, presumably their HQ cos theyre jap too - i thought the enemy didnt have an HQ.... or does it just not end the game there and then if their commander dies?)
________
Box Vaporizer
Last edited by Andy on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:24 pm

It would be pretty odd if killing the enemy HQ would end the battle immediately...