Modding Question

Real time World War II combat simulation
Sbufkle

Modding Question

Post by Sbufkle » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:45 pm

How can the timeline be changed for modding?

Months & years...

It would add an very dynamic element.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:03 pm

I'm not sure what you mean? The newspaper headlines?

Garnier1

Post by Garnier1 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:31 pm

We should be able to add new infantry weapons now right? If we can figure out what all the stuff in the infantry data file means. Is that area open for modding?

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:37 am

Garnier1 wrote:We should be able to add new infantry weapons now right? If we can figure out what all the stuff in the infantry data file means. Is that area open for modding?

You can modify any of the squads or create new ones too by editing the .txt files in the Data/Infantry folder.

There is a section in the Help file explainging what all the data .txt files do and what weapons you can have. Click on the Miscellaneous | Modifying the game link in the help file.

You can't add new weapon types or modify their characterstics at the moment though. I am planning to add more weapon types though, eg instead of just having a WEAPON_RIFLE entry there will be individual entries for each WWII rifle type.

Garnier1

Post by Garnier1 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:00 am

Nice. I can send you information on British, american and german weapons when you do that. Just email me. (I'm the one who sent you the names.)