[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Various Questions - Sean

Various Questions - Sean

Real time World War II combat simulation

Various Questions - Sean

Postby Andy Brown » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:59 pm

1. Does the random seed for each scenario also cover enemy deployment? For example, if I choose Barbarossa battle 1234567, will the enemy deploy in the same place on the map each time I generate the game.

2. Why does scrolling seem to break during setup? During setup, the map scrolls excrutiatingly slowly and jerkily. Interestingly, I've only noticed this since I started playing Firefight on a newish computer. It didn't seem to be a problem on my old AMD 650/Win98 rig.

3. (More of a feature request). I use an old 19" monitor that pretty much limits practical display resolution to 1024 x 768. Anything larger is just too hard to see and I begrudge the (admittedly very useful) data that usually covers up large parts of the main display

On the other hand, I also find the unit roster underneath the mini-map to be almost indispensible when playing the game. I was wondering, however, if it was possible to add an option intermediate between control panel "on" and "off".

My idea is to have a much thinner "control panel" without the mini-map and with the squad/vehicle/weapon status presented in an abbreviated form (say numbers for OK, wounded and dead). I would still be able to left-click on the roster icon to select the squad and right click on it to bring up the Troop Status report but, being abbreviated, it would take up much less of the display leaving a bigger field-of-view.

4. Killing or heavily wounding the primary operator of a mortar, MG etc basically writes off the unit. Is it possible to have unwounded "loaders" take over support weapons if the primary operator becomes a serious casualty? (I guess you'd have to "transfer" the weapon and ammo from one soldier to another - I don't know how easy that would be).

And a comment: I personally didn't mind the LMG always deploying on the right of the squad. Squad leaders usually deploy them out on the flanks anyway (where they can fire across the front of the squad) and it meant I always knew where they were.

Regards,

Andy
Andy Brown

Postby Andy Brown » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:50 am

And PLEASE:- That skull is way over the top!! Could I have the gravestone back? :)
Andy Brown

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:03 am

yeah I agree on the gravestone vs skull thingy. It was much better before.

Re: Various Questions - Sean

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:41 am

Sean OConnor

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:52 am

Sean OConnor

Postby Andy Brown » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:59 am

Andy Brown

Postby Andy Brown » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:03 am

Andy Brown