3.99f - what do you think of these changes?

Real time World War II combat simulation
Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:28 am

Quitch wrote:The Valentine is available to the Russians... surely wrong?

Lend/Lease from Britain. The Allies sent the Sovs heaps of gear during the early part of the Great Patriotic War to make sure they stayed in the fight. The Allied tanks were a bit of a joke next to the Sov ones but the thousands of trucks and radios were vital to Sov success.

Grimes Hill clearly shows four contours but it's northern slope must be very steep. A bit of a trap for young players, I will admit.

Andy

Quitch

Post by Quitch » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:55 am

The top of Grimes varies between 22 and 28m.

Garnier

Post by Garnier » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:11 pm

The canadians use German names. I would just use british names for them.

Garnier

Post by Garnier » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:27 pm

And the new shot types I gave you dont look right in the troop status menu. I'm not sure why.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:35 pm

Quitch wrote:Enemy tanks are definately driving off the bottom of the screen while on attack BTW. I keep seeing tank forces go rocketing by me.

Yeah, I just saw that happen. I'll get that fixed.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:40 pm

Garnier wrote:The canadians use German names. I would just use british names for them.

Ooops! So did the US troops too! Fixed now.

crash_sc

Post by crash_sc » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:20 am

I just noticed that if you setup a custom game and choose any date later than August 1945 the unit purchase screen is empty. I didn't check every nationality, only German and British.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/ ... /units.png

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:23 am

crash_sc wrote:I just noticed that if you setup a custom game and choose any date later than August 1945 the unit purchase screen is empty. I didn't check every nationality, only German and British.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/ ... /units.png

I suppose that is a bug and it ought to tell you that the war is over in Europe if you select any date past May 1945.

Isz

Post by Isz » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:09 am

Been playing the "old" version for about a year now and never tire of it. Then I downloaded the beta...

GREAT job. One particular feature I like is the fact that infantry now crawl toward an objective. What was frustrating in the previous version was getting endlessly pinned down once a few bullets start flying. Not anymore. Interested to see what happens when playing defense when the bad guys start doing the same to me.

Like the improved graphics, etc...although graphics were never a big thing for me from the start.

And crossing fingers that this is mod-able to the point that a "modern battle" version could be created. Would make it a combination of Steel Beasts, TacOps and ATF. I'd pay money for that!

Well done. Anticipating the full release.