[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - I've Been ROBBED !!

I've Been ROBBED !!

Real time World War II combat simulation

I've Been ROBBED !!

Postby Andy Brown » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:15 am

Andy Brown

Re: I've Been ROBBED !!

Postby Andy » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:45 am

Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

Postby TheKangaroo » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:51 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:57 pm

Sean OConnor

Postby Andy » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:27 pm

Andy

Postby Andy Brown » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:34 pm

Andy Brown

Postby Andy Brown » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:47 pm

Andy Brown

Postby Quitch » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:57 pm

Quitch

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:47 pm

Sean OConnor

Postby Quitch » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:10 pm

Quitch

Postby Fighter_Ace » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:18 pm

Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby Andy » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:45 am

dont know how clear this is, ive been having a bit of trouble getting it online, but in the map section ive crossed where the objective is, circled where two enemy tanks are (almost sat on the objective), and my remaining tank is (8 o'clock from the objective). i had survivors from 10 destroyed tanks crawling near the objective, and its allowed me to win - i dont think the 3 guys who have mde it to the hill would be able to stop the tanks from rolling over them. it seems a bit of the reverse of what this topic started off at - i have an ill gotten win. bizzarely too, ive been given a 'very good', despite losing 10 tanks and 35/12 men killed/wounded against the russians 2 guns, 3 tanks and 23 men killed. something in the rules + scoring needs sorted, but i cant figure out what, anyone???
________
Andy

Postby Fighter_Ace » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:57 am

Wow! How amazingly weird! I totally agree, three guys could NOT hold the flag, but you DID have a tank. Even then, that doesn't explain why you got such a good rating with all those losses :shock: .
Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby Andy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:20 pm

had a tiger, which at the range it was at, its shells were just bouncing off the T34s like pea shooters.

another problem i found on this game was with the same situation (tiger vs. 2 T34s, the tiger was shooting at the T34 facing straight at it, rather the one that was side on, having rolled up on some infantry, and now firing broadsides. i told it to attack this one repeatedly, but all that would happen would be for the gun to swivel one 'click', and then back to shooting the other tank, which it was crappy at shooting. ive had similar stuff happen with PAK/AT/FGs or whatever you want to call them. its a bit of an ass really.

incidentally i repeated the same mission, but choosing my own tanks rather than the defaults, and only lost 3 tanks (2 half-tracks) to enemy fire, destroying all of their positions.

quite literally, ive thought of something - when the game ended thing pops up, have an option to continue w/out scoring, or even better to continue to round up stragglers from the enemy force, and then having an option in the menus to end the game, a bit like in Civilisation scenarios, continuing to play after scoring. would stop anoyance at finishing the game when there are a few trapped enemy away from the objective, not giving a chance to have the illusive '0 survivors, 0 wounded' stat :D
________
Andy

Postby Fighter_Ace » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:55 pm

Fighter_Ace

Next

Return to Firefight