I've Been ROBBED !!

Real time World War II combat simulation
Quitch

Post by Quitch » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:09 pm

Anyone else notice that if you force fire a tank at another tank it uses its MG too?

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:58 am

Yeah, thats another thing, Quitch. Kinda stupid if ya ask me :? . Forgot 'bout that one.
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:27 pm

When you give a "Fire" order you're really just saying shoot in this area. If the tank can see an ememy tank it will override your order and shoot at it regardless.

I think I'd get complaints if the MG didn't fire as you might be shooting at a group of infantry and specifically want some MG fire too, but if an enemy tank was nearby then your tank wouldn't shoot bullets.

Quitch

Post by Quitch » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:18 pm

It becomes a problem if it was firing at a tank, but not the tank you wanted it to fire. Then firing the machine gun doesn't help, nor does the AI overriding my target designation.

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:59 pm

I do see a solution to this though. Maybe you could have two check-boxes, one for the tank's cannon and one for it's machine gun(s). You could check the boxes for what you wanted the tanks to fire when told to shoot a certain target. There are countless times when I only want to fire cannons or machine guns. Example? When I have low shell count and I only want to use guns on a group of men.
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Andy

Post by Andy » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:14 pm

good idea but might slow down gameplay a little, hotkeys could be used, but it would make the game more complex - sort of a more in-depth feature for those of us who are particularly assed about this sort of thing, but keepin it simple for noobs
________
cheap vaporizers
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Wed May 17, 2006 11:44 pm

I don't actually play Firefight much, but here's an idea for the thread's original problem:

Couldn't you have the objective revert to neutral if there's no unit within a certain radius?

That way, in the scenario above, when the tank was destroyed the computer would have checked for nearby units on that tank's team (found: none), and put the flag back to neutral.

Andy

Post by Andy » Thu May 25, 2006 5:08 pm

by 'going BACK to neutral', it would go back to the defending team.

correct me if im wrong, but i think the objective works on a whose closest basis, up to a certain range, and then its the defenders. this is overridden when they go into retreat
________
W209
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown » Fri May 26, 2006 3:00 am

I thought it stays "owned" by whoever owned it last?

Andy Brown