Remembering my window settings

Real time World War II combat simulation
Quitch

Remembering my window settings

Post by Quitch » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:55 pm

Ever since the dawn of time I've wished Firefight (and all the games on this site) would remember what window sizes I used in my last session, and recall them when I loaded the game instead of reverting to their "not quite maximised but almost as good as" size.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:44 pm

The game window ought to fill up the screen and leave room for the taskbar. Isn't that the case on your computer?

Quitch

Post by Quitch » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:14 pm

Yep, it does... and there's my problem. That behaviour is what maximise is for, but the game doesn't remember that I left it in maximised mode and so doesn't open in this the next time it loads. There are good reasons for using a small window sometimes (screenshots, browsing while playing a defence mission, etc.), but the game doesn't remember what size non-maximised was.

Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:35 am

If you've got Windows XP, set the game up to run from a shortcut on your desktop. You can then rightclick on the shortcut, call up "Properties" and set it to run "Maximised".

Had the same problem and that's how I fixed it. Maybe it helps?

Andy Brown

Quitch

Post by Quitch » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:45 am

Yep, I've fixed it that way before, but it's a matter of maintaining consistency. Windows apps always remember how you left them... except these ones. I'd like them to fall in line :)

I've also found that sometimes that settings appears to be overriden by these apps.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:59 am

Quitch wrote:Yep, I've fixed it that way before, but it's a matter of maintaining consistency. Windows apps always remember how you left them... except these ones. I'd like them to fall in line :)

"The General" and "End Of Atlantis" do already. It's not something that a Windows program will do automatically, you have to program it to do that.

Quitch wrote:I've also found that sometimes that settings appears to be overriden by these apps.

I'm not sure what you mean by that?

Quitch

Post by Quitch » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:09 am

I haven't found the Windows app yet that doesn't recall how I left the window.

I'm sure I've set it to Maximise before in the Properties, but that sometimes it doesn't. Could all be in my head though :)