Firefight vs Firefight ?

Real time World War II combat simulation
Kimmo

Firefight vs Firefight ?

Post by Kimmo » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:17 am

Hello

I yesterday finally tried the firefight demo, got excited immediately and went and bought the game, after considering it for many times during the past years.
The only problem that I'm now facing, is that I bought the game from Matrixgames site and to me it seems that these are nearly two different games, even when Sean O'Connor is mentioned with both of the games.

After noticing my mistake made during the excitement, I went on browsing through this forum and Matrixgames forum and noticed that there is some "bad feelings" between Sean and Matrixgames. What I am now wondering that is it even possible to patch up the game bought from Matrix site?

I do feel cheated from the Matrix side and already wrote them, asking my money back so that I can buy the real firefight. Although it was a digital download so I don't think it is even possible to get money back.

Any thoughts on the patch issue, assuming that Sean would be even willing to do that? Perhaps I just have to take the 20 or so euros as a loss and buy the game again from this site. Just got too excited and wanted to play immediately, that I didn't even thought for a while, that there would be some major differences.

I just don't understand why Matrix is still selling the game from their site? To me it sounds a sc***....

Kimmo

Kimmo

Post by Kimmo » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:17 pm

Matrixgames actually agreed to cancel my purchase and give money back.

Guess they know that they are not doing the right thing, otherwise I cannot think a reason why they would be willing to give money back from a digital download.

Can't wait to get home to buy the game from here and to play :)

Kimmo

Quitch

Post by Quitch » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:46 pm

Sean sold the rights to Matrix, but they bought it so they could update things like the graphics etc. Firefight was/is one of Sean's most popular games, and after Matrix sat on it for five years doing nothing, except changing the initial voice over to appeal to the American audience and introducing a couple of exciting bugs, Sean took it back (not really sure what went on there).

Thank God, the game has been improved hugely over the last year.