[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - New beta version - 3.99u

New beta version - 3.99u

Real time World War II combat simulation

New beta version - 3.99u

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:23 pm

I've made a big change to the timing routines in the game which means that the game puts much less strain on your computer's CPU (instead of needing 50=100% CPU time it's down to about 6% now). This will make laptop batteries last much longer when playing the game!

It's available at the normal download link for beta testers.

Could you please let me know if it runs OK, or if anyone has any speed issues - especially at the initial troop placement stage? Also, if you spot any wierd graphics glitches let me know!

If you press the "T" key you can see the game timings and each of the 'stage' parts needs to complete in 20ms or not much more than that.

An extra benefit of this change is that in the future I'll be able to make different MGs fire at different rates instead of all firing at 800 rounds per minute.

Thanks!
Last edited by Sean OConnor on Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sean OConnor

CPU Time

Postby shiaulteyr » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:23 am

shiaulteyr

AWOL: Need new link for 3.99 beta

Postby daehttub_2000 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:14 pm

Hi Sean,

I've been a bit tied up and haven't visited this site in a while. I was going to take a look at making the armor a bit more realistic (e.g. Shermans killing Panthers with ease is a bit far-fetched).

My old link to your beta download doesn't work anymore. Do you have a new one for 3.99?

Thanks
daehttub_2000

Postby Andy » Thu May 25, 2006 5:11 pm

mine sticks and stops its way when loading, and then finally freezes. i started to just start the game straight off and set the troops up during gameplay, but then i got a bit fed up, had lots of college work and found a nifty little 2D shooter called 'Soldat', kinda a cross between worms and UT2004.
________
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

Postby Sean OConnor » Tue May 30, 2006 12:09 pm

Sean OConnor

Postby Andy » Tue May 30, 2006 5:16 pm

3.99u, its only happened in the last few versions, possibly only this one my memory aint too hot on stuff like that :lol:
________
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

Postby Sean OConnor » Tue May 30, 2006 7:07 pm

When you say it sticks when loading, is that when you double click on the icon or when a game is being created?
Sean OConnor

Postby Andy » Wed May 31, 2006 1:49 pm

its all fine up to the unit selection, then when i select to place my units, it scrolls from the objective to where my units are where it messes up. its like the computer is vastly overloaded - if i have music playing in the background i get half second burst of the same bit over and over, like my old desktop pc did when it crashed. if i can click play straight away it goes into the timed game and runs fine, otherwise it takes frikkin ages 2 get the start game button to even work. ive had it get to the point where the comuter has crashed. bit naff really.

im running xp on a laptop, otherwise havent a clue bout any other specs :?
________
Andy

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed May 31, 2006 6:15 pm

Sean OConnor

Postby Andy » Wed May 31, 2006 9:47 pm

just so i can feel dumb asking again, whats the link for the upgrade?
________
Andy

Postby Andy Brown » Wed May 31, 2006 10:27 pm

Are there any other changes to 3.99v?

Andy Brown
Andy Brown

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:26 am

Sean OConnor

Postby Andy » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:18 pm

seriously, wheres the download??
________
Andy

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:43 pm

Sean OConnor

Postby qwas » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:33 am

Sean, that email I got had 3.99s? Shouldnt I have u or v? Or do I have to uninstall the old version? But wouldent that lose my files, especially my custom stuff in CM, and I have 2 campaigns in FF I dont want to lose.
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2
qwas

Next

Return to Firefight