Grenades!

Real time World War II combat simulation
Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Grenades!

Post by Fighter_Ace » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:46 pm

:!: When I check my troop's stats, I see a list of my troops. I always see them with 4 grenades. They seem to NEVER use them! Is there some way to tell your troops to throw a grenade?
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:37 pm

You can make a squad throw a few genades if you give them an order to fire but select a target position that's quite close to them.

I think you're not seeing many grenades thrown in the game as I've made it so that soldiers are very nervous about getting close to the enemy so there aren't many opportunities for them to throw grenades.

Greatgraddage

Post by Greatgraddage » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:49 pm

The troops almost always throw grenades if there is an enemy at very close range, or if you get them close to an enemy gun.
Firefight... Those were the days.....

spiegel

Close enough for hand grenades!

Post by spiegel » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:15 pm

I lost most of an infantry unit and two heavy MG units due to being "run over." If hand grenades were tossed, they didn't make any booms or flashes. Personally, if I am about to be run over by a 20 ton behemoth, I'd just as soon pull a few pins and at least slow him down so he doesn't squish my buddies.

Sean OConnor

Re: Close enough for hand grenades!

Post by Sean OConnor » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:20 pm

spiegel wrote:Personally, if I am about to be run over by a 20 ton behemoth, I'd just as soon pull a few pins and at least slow him down so he doesn't squish my buddies.

I think that's what happens in movies but in real life people would just wet their pants and then die. I don't think it would make the game realistic at all if every soldier was a hero, and if anything the men in Firefight are much braver than in real life anyway. I think the casualty rates are too high and people become unsupressed too quickly. The trouble with making it more realistic though is that the game might get boring if your men just spent two hours hiding behind a wall!

Tim_Myth

Post by Tim_Myth » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:44 pm

They do not, however, seem to throw grenades when they are out of rifle ammo. Is that a bug or a feature of their caution?

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:05 am

They ought to throw grenades still. I'll take a look.