Disapearing Tanks!!

Real time World War II combat simulation
lancerunolfsson

Disapearing Tanks!!

Post by lancerunolfsson » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:17 am

Using the current release of Fire fight on 98se. Occasionally Tanks just flat disappear off the game board!!! Not destroyed not damaged not locatable through the unit menu they show up on the menu as still there but no place on the map. Is this a known Bug?

Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:37 am

If you click on the tank on the unit roster, the screen should scroll to the tank.

It is possible that sometimes the AI routines will cause a tank to drive off the map if they're manoeuvring near the map edge.

Andy Brown

re

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:16 am

If you click on the tank on the unit roster, the screen should scroll to the tank.

I tried that I belive the later is the case. I wonder if infantry wander off as well? It would be much easier to miss there absence.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:50 am

Andy Brown wrote:
It is possible that sometimes the AI routines will cause a tank to drive off the map if they're manoeuvring near the map edge.

Andy Brown

Yes, it's best to keep your tanks away from the edge. I can't make the game size unlimited so there will always have to be a cut off point for objects to be in.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:57 am

I have been thinking about this for a few days. In board and Miniature games, things that retreat off map are usually destroyed. So maybe you can describe this phenomena as a "feature" ;^)

Andy

Post by Andy » Thu May 25, 2006 4:50 pm

havent played in a while, but as far as im aware they get registered as 'retreated', which is a reasonable thing to do.
________
Ford Verve concepts specifications