Loophole in Micheal Whittmann Mission

Real time World War II combat simulation
Top_Secret

Loophole in Micheal Whittmann Mission

Post by Top_Secret » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:12 pm

Hello,
I happened to find that if you drive the Tiger you are given in this particular mission in a certain path, you can go straight to the flag without spotting nor killing a single enemy. What I did was drive the tiger down the street, turned on the first left, went down that street and crossed the clearing to the street which ended where the flag was, and continued that way. I know that there is an AT gun on an intersecting street, but the tiger goes right by it without getting spotted. Also, there is a couple of tanks in the upper areas of the map, but can be passable. Was this intentional or should it be fixed?

Top_Secret

Re: Loophole in Micheal Whittmann Mission

Post by Top_Secret » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:30 am

Also, I've found that the British cruisers mk i, II, III and IV don't seem to fire their main guns at the AT guns for some reason, and instead try to kill the AT gun's crew using their machine guns, which allows you to,"capture" an AT gun. This is not the case when they go after tanks like the Panzer 35t, as they kill them successfully with their main gun.

Knut

Re: Loophole in Micheal Whittmann Mission

Post by Knut » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:38 am

Top_Secret wrote:Also, I've found that the British cruisers mk i, II, III and IV don't seem to fire their main guns at the AT guns for some reason, and instead try to kill the AT gun's crew using their machine guns, which allows you to,"capture" an AT gun. This is not the case when they go after tanks like the Panzer 35t, as they kill them successfully with their main gun.
About the cruisers not using their main guns, the British early 2pdr tank guns only fired armor piercing ammo (no high explosive), which was useless against antitank guns. The WWII doctrine was to suppress enemy antitank guns with machine gun fire up until the British started fielding tanks with guns that fired HE shells, like the 75mm guns on the Grant & Sherman tanks. The Stuart tanks had HE shells for their 37mm guns as well.