Feature request: fast forward

Real time World War II combat simulation
Garnier

Feature request: fast forward

Post by Garnier » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:34 pm

The topic says it all

It would be wonderful to have a fast forwad function (a slider or something) to speed the game up, especially on those monotonous first 5 minutes of defence where the enemy is not to be seen. It could automatically stop when enemies are spotted or shots are fired or something.

Andy

Post by Andy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:08 pm

sort of a 'skip to action' button? and then something like a x2 speed, but no more than that, else you might miss some things
________
starcraft replays
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Garnier

Post by Garnier » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:00 pm

yeah, that clarifies exactly what I would wish for.

Andy

Post by Andy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:39 pm

something id like to see is a custom scenario thing - you place the flag, select the exact number of points per team etc.

this would mean you could just have a massive battle in the middle, or have a small skirmish with enough points for a single sqaud, an hmg and a couple of recce teams

incidentally ive never yet, so far as ive know, encountered an enemy recon squad, when im running a defense its always entire squads that bump my frontline
________
vaporizer volcano
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:09 pm

Andy wrote:something id like to see is a custom scenario thing - you place the flag, select the exact number of points per team etc.

this would mean you could just have a massive battle in the middle, or have a small skirmish with enough points for a single sqaud, an hmg and a couple of recce teams

Agreed. This would really improve the appeal of the game! A few more battle types would be good, too eg:

withdrawal - flag near the baseline but the defender can only set up in the middle third of the map,

meeting engagement - both sides attacking,

surrounded - flag and defenders set up in the middle of the map, attackers set up anywhere around the outside.

incidentally ive never yet, so far as ive know, encountered an enemy recon squad, when im running a defense its always entire squads that bump my frontline

I've seen examples where the computer hasn't bought recon squads even though it's got 3 or more purchase points left.

Cheers,

Andy Brown