[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Wish List

Wish List

Real time World War II combat simulation

Postby denny58stout » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:46 am

Fantastic!! Im Denny Stout ..Im new here and I Just want to share this quote as my first post here...

"The less you can live on, the more chance your idea will succeed. This is true even after you?ve 'made it..

Make it a Great day people.
denny58stout

Postby UberMoo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi,
Im new here also. I have been playing this game for a number of weeks now and I am extremely impressed with this game. A few things I would like to see in the game are:

Pillboxes-I have seen this mentioned before and think it would be a great idea. Being able to carry out a proper assault on a pillbox would be awesome.

Pre registered artillery- Just thought it would be goo to have pre registered artillery when playing in defence. E.G. have two placeable markers (similar to the artillery markers in the game) that make it possible to put down an artillery barrage in that area without the need for ranging shots.

Fields of fire/line of sight view available in the pre-battle stage- Just to make it easier to place units when in both offence and defence. This would allow the player to place units to give good field of fire. It would also make it easier to place FSG etc before staring the battle.
UberMoo

Postby Newsparta » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:27 pm

I have posted on here before, but i would like to elaborate on my idea. It seems that static defenses are fairly popular, as are multi objective missions.

What i was thinking is when your buying field guns, infantry, and tanks, add another tab for "static defenses" and have things like sandbags, pillboxes, foxholes, ect... For the multi objective thing it would be cool to maybe even be able to construct your own small outpost or base for example, have a mission where the enemy is attacking your outpost(that you built) so you must defend it, and then right after that you have to counter attack their outpost, so that offense can use static defense also, in the case that you fail to capture an enemy base so they are now counter attacking and you have to rally your men to defend your own base. Maybe even throw in like a mobile HQ building that automatically overrides the pre placed objective marker and places it where your HQ is.

I just thought i would get that out there, it seems like multi objective missions and static defenses are the best next step. I would love some feedback from others to criticize my idea or add on ect...
Newsparta

Postby Legacy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:05 am

Kind of a derivative of New Sparta's idea... not all firefights took place over specific objectives. In almost every war ever fought, groups of soldiers from opposing sides have simply run into one another, and the fight that followed served no other purpose than to allow the victorious force to continue on their way, or merely to survive. There should be a few "random encounter" battles, wherein both sides are relatively evenly matched, and the sole purpose is to eliminate the other. Effectively, have both teams act in assault against the other.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby the space predator » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:32 am

simply, more type of objective
I need to write something, so i create that signature.
the space predator

Postby UberMoo » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:27 pm

Sounds like a good idea. I too would like more objective types.
UberMoo

Postby Perturabo » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:24 pm

Generally, I think that it would be nice if the campaign would have a more realistic flow.
For example the player's force captures a hill, digs in, an enemy artillery barrage arrives and a counter-attack begins (next mission).
Some battles could last a few days with attacks and counter-attacks.
Perturabo

My Wish List

Postby Major Major » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:32 pm

Major Major

Re: My Wish List

Postby the space predator » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:27 pm

the space predator

pershing

Postby Knut » Sat May 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Knut

Postby the space predator » Sat May 01, 2010 11:16 pm

the space predator

Postby UberMoo » Mon May 10, 2010 11:25 am

UberMoo

Postby Sean OConnor » Mon May 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Sean OConnor

Postby UberMoo » Thu May 13, 2010 2:42 pm

UberMoo

Postby Perturabo » Wed May 19, 2010 11:42 am

Perturabo

PreviousNext

Return to Firefight