I've been playing firefight since 3.0 and I thought I might aswell publish my crazy
ideas =) These are not in any particular order... and some of these might have already been mentioned in earlier threads.
- Different formations? (Wedge, Column, Staggered Column) Might be useful in different situations when moving to contact etc.
Now when you move in this "line" formation, everyone in the squad are looking forward. So when you would go in "wedge" for example, guys at left side in the squad would be watching more to the left etc. guys on the rightmost side would be watching more to the right, so they wouldn't be surprised so easily/so that they could return fire much quicker if enemy starts shooting from left or right flank.
Not sure if it would have any effect in game though
it's just an raw idea, that could be developed further.
- Some more detailed team AI: There could be small 2-4 member fireteams (the soldiers would try to stick with their fireteam members) inside a squad that would operate together when squad is given an order (AI doing bounding overwatch, flanking, assaulting enemy position with grenades and then rushing together etc). Player would still command the squad as a whole squad, fireteams would be AI controlled (or squad leader controlled
- Rules of Engagement settings: you could give squad different ROE settings for example aggressive, normal, defensive, no firing. Aggressive setting would use maximum firepower and a little more to to suppress enemy and squad AI would try to figure out a way (improvise
) to eliminate the enemies they see (moving,suppressing,flanking,whatever). Normal would just engage the enemy from their positions (just like now in the game). Defensive would only return fire. No fire would obviously just stay down quietly.
- Squad leader KIA would lower the morale?
- Tank AI reacts kinda slow IMO. If they aren't in good cover and become under fire, they should reverse to cover as fast as possible and maybe start popping out from cover just to shoot at enemy who shot at them and then reverse back to cover to reload etc.
- Fighting positions for the defenders? Foxholes, bunkers, barbedwire, tank obstacles etc. Mines?
- Soldiers taking cover in shellholes. Maybe they should also try to look for another position if they can't see or fire at the enemy (especially when other squadmembers are engaging).
- Option to put some units into AI control? Other nation armies in the same battle (I know this was mentioned earlier too)?
- Adding smoke grenades and AI that uses them properly? Smoke launchers for tanks?
- Detailed soldier skills making them more like individuals (more different skills/stats and skill/stat levels)? Having the same units trough a whole campaign (improving skills by experience, promotions, medals, statistics like kills from the whole campaign etc.) with fresh guys replacing the casualties? More different ranks?
- More modding possibilities like editing weapon attributes, ROF etc. anything!
(or maybe everything)
- More detailed/realistic sound world (Artillery and mortar screaming before the shells hit the ground, more+better ricoche sounds and when bullets/tank shells hit the ground or whizzles by,! More different sounds for different weapons, (maybe even slightly different sounds for same weapons, weapon doesn't sounds excactly the same when fired next to you or 500m away) so that all doesn't sound the same etc etc), this REALLY adds to the athmosphere!
- Modernizing the game? Maybe community could help with this because of modding possibilities? Obviously this wouldn't just mean making the units look different and weapons sound different, because modern warfare is so much different compared to WWII and ofc because of the new weaponry.
OKAY! so here you got some crazy ideas from a crazy man! Like i said, some are just raw ideas that went trough my mind. Comments please!