A bug

Lead your people to safety before Atlantis disintegrates
Steve!

A bug

Post by Steve! » Sun May 29, 2005 9:47 pm

Well i just downloaded the demo, very interesting game, though a bit more luck based then i tend to go for.

Currently im very bloodthirsty, i managed a near total victory saving all but 3 peasents whilst slaughtering many opponants, then i decided next game to sacrifice all my people, just for fun! :D

I found a bug, but its completely obscure, and I'm not even sure how I did it. I managed to remove my king, and a shark entirely from the map, the shark's image remained in the top left hand corner, not able to move or anything and my king was gone. This resulted in the game not being able to end. I was messing around with the boat at the time, trying to drag it further than it could move (all the way to the safe islands).

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Tue May 31, 2005 12:46 pm

I'll look out for that bug and if you can figure out how to do it again please let me know!

Steve!

Post by Steve! » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:07 am

Ok, heres how it goes:

Drag a boat you control to a safe island, and it will snap back to its original position, but, the mouse pointer will stay as a hand icon, as if you were still moving the boat, rather than reverting to the standard pointer, then if you click in a square next to the boat you just attempted to move, your king vanishes and a shark image appears top left hand corner, though it doesnt remove a shark from play, just your king.

And yes, i was trying to cheat at the time and get a boat all the way home in one go :D

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:49 am

Thanks very much for that bug report Steve and I've got it fixed (as version 1.0b). It actually happened when you made any illegal move with a ship because the computer still thought it was holding something even though the ship was put back to its original hexagon. Then, if you tried to click and made a legal move with the ship that you weren't actually holding the computer would get confused as it thought it was.