[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Game freezing from move 7 onwards

Game freezing from move 7 onwards

Lead your people to safety before Atlantis disintegrates

Game freezing from move 7 onwards

Postby cydream » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:24 pm

Hi,

Just bought the full package, mainly for my favourite Slay, and now am addicted to Atlantis. However I have a problem, as every time the game gets past turn 7, when the computer moves, it freezes - mostly for about 30 seconds each time the computer moves, but sometimes enought for windows to bring up the "this program is not responding" message. Any ideas why it might be happening, how I can fix it?

Sorry for the new topic if this query is already covered, I checked the board and couldn't find it.
cydream

Postby Sean OConnor » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:15 pm

I've not been able to repeat that problem here. Have you changed any of the default rule options? Could you try quitting the game when it starts to go slow and then email me the file SavedGame.dat that will be in the Atlantis folder?
Sean OConnor

Postby cydream » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:30 pm

Hi,

Yes I've changed a few options, so all the detail I can think of:

Theme = space
Computer speed = fast (i've tried it on other speeds, same problem)

In rules the options I have active are:

Start of game:
Random Island
Random initial men placement
More than one man on light grey hexagons

End game:
When no men are left

Game play:
Kings and princes are hidden
Astronauts can return to planet
Creatures can teleport

I'll email you the file right now - I just played it again, this time it froze on turn 9, so I exited at that point.

Thanks for your help!
cydream

Postby Sean OConnor » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:10 pm

I continued from the SavedGame.dat file you sent but I didn't find any problems. When the computer players have 4 moves to make with a monster there was a pause of a few seconds but nothing like 30 seconds. Is that the part of the game where your game has problems?

Could you let me know what processor your computer has? I have a 3Ghz Pentium 4 - is yours significantly slower than that?
Sean OConnor

Postby cydream » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:54 pm

cydream

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:45 pm

My guess is that when there are several of one sort of monster on the screen and a player is given 4 moves of that monster the AI takes too long on your computer as there are so many combinations of moves that could be made. You can make things easier on your computer by selecting the "only a single creature can be moved" rule option. I think I'll make that the default now if this causes problems on older computers.
Sean OConnor

Postby cydream » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:19 pm

cydream

Postby Sean OConnor » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:05 am

Sean OConnor

Return to End Of Atlantis