Adventure

Anything else! Ideas for new games, gossip, chat, jokes etc...
pedroski

Adventure

Post by pedroski » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:22 pm

Anyone here ever played colossal cave adventure?

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:11 am

nope cant say that i have...
if you run..you'll only die tired

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:07 pm

how about any other text typing game? Adventure is fun you type things and explore and fight dwarves and stuff. Its free too :)

PlecTron

Post by PlecTron » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:08 am

yes i have played Collossal Cave Adventure. there are like 10 different versions! if u want it just enterits full name into a search engine. there is an entire site dedicated to CCA and its many variants. just look for the highest point version. they also have maps of the area and of all the mazes ecxept witts end. but dont follow them too carefully, as they arent always detailed about the passages, as some are one-way and some are restricted, like the entrance to the plover room, which is a pain in the ass, as u have to drop your lantern to get through the passageway. i had a cd once that not only had the game but also the text of a perfect game! unfourtanetly it was so old that my parents threw it out without asking. hehehehehehehe...
"Congratulations! You have just vanquished a dragon with your bare
hands! (Unbelievable, isn't it?)"
:twisted: i love that line! u know that the ADV.REC file is a resource file, it contains a lot. lets see... in order:
room descriptions
room object (ie stationary objects ie fog etc or creatures ie the dragon) descriptions and responses (responses are displayed when conditions, like pouring water on the plant, are met)
object descriptions, starting with inventory (as in what it will say in invintory when you are carrying the object) (note: the ice sculpture, before being aquired, can only be described as a pig sculpture, but look at all those other descriptions!!! what, does it MELT into those?????!!!! also check out the singing sword!)
Active responses (which are things like "you cannot go that way" or even better " I dont understand that!" :)
some very weird program shit (using wordpad)
the input vocabulary (anything here can be entered in the command field and be recognized, except the ones in <>'s, those are variable entrys

its very funny if u read it!
WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "Critical System Errror"?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:51 pm

If played five or six but ot of them all 4 was probably the best. Six was way to complicated. 4 was bigger but wasn't impossible to figure out. At least thats how far i have gone.

Have you won any? I have only beaten a super easy one. And the maps make the easier ones rathre pointless. A while ago I found the sewers. But I haven't been able to survive.

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:57 pm

Yeah, I have been to the colossal cave website. Though most of the versions are to much alike.

PlecTron

Post by PlecTron » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:05 am

ok ummm.... heres the deal.
do not play anything but the full maximum point version. if you play any others there are hella bugs in it. i mean it. the highest-point version is the official one, and its not that hard. its called experiment. also listen up to get killed less:
just Kill the dragon, nothing else is needed
the dwarf is killed by his own axe
the python is not killed, release the bird to drive him away
the basilisk is hard, you have to pass him without waking him, past him you will find a polished sheild, you have to use it on him, turning him to stone.
the slime in the corridor is killed by the "vial of oily liquid"
the ogre (not the bridge troll) is killed by the Singing Sword
use the dragons teeth at the goblins, then skeletal warriors spring up to fight them off, afterwards dissapearing
dont kill the bear, feed him with your food and then free him, use the key ring u used on the grate
note, i forget how u kill the troll without killing yourself, but im pretty sure it involves the bear attacking it and collapsing the bridge with its weight, just remember that u can recover the golden eggs from the troll with fee fie foe foo

thats all i can remember

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:06 pm

By the official one I think you mean 3 or 4. On the website they are numbered. The troll you give him the eggs to get across and then scare him with the bear. DONT smash the bridge. Oh yeah when I said I was dying that was from sewer rats and salt water/sewage. which is in 4. 4 has all the stuff you mentioned and more like giant, rats, spider, chapel, and more places I cant remember.

Version six has an elf castle which I don't know how to get to. The elves run at you and say phuce!

PlecTron

Post by PlecTron » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:03 pm

you want WinAdv 2.1 550-point version

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:00 pm

Oh I was a bit confused because when I was there there was like 5 or 6 different ones and only like two had errors. But ill check.

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:03 pm

Yeah I just checked again the one your talking about is listed as 3. You should try 4 though its a lot more interesting.

PlecTron

Post by PlecTron » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:49 am

maybe its a new one. i havent looked in a while.