Putting Your Games on Steam?

Anything else! Ideas for new games, gossip, chat, jokes etc...

Should these games be on steam?

Yes
25%
No
50%
What is Steam??!
25%

Total votes: 8

YetAnotherDeveloper

Putting Your Games on Steam?

Post by YetAnotherDeveloper » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Have you looked into the steamworks setup for getting your games on steam? I think that it might offer a larger audience for selling your games.

here is an faq on how to "apply".
http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/FAQ.php

you could even add achievements etc to some of the games.
btw if you dont know what steam is then check it out.... http://store.steampowered.com/

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:22 am

More place where we sell the game, more people buy it, more money for sean, more money for this site and for develloping new and old game. it's mathematic.
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:37 am

While I'm all for Sean getting more sales I don't like the idea too much.

1. I don't like Steam one bit. I have had some history with it in its early days and can't get over that, call me tenacious.

2. As far as I know the large majority of Steam users just aren't one bit of the usual audience for Sean's games. Most of them'd expect easy and dumb games with flashy graphics, calling Pong genius if it has dynamic lighting and unlockable achievements but never give a smart game like Slay or Firefight or Critical Mass a chance because it 'looks crappy'.

8. Can you tell me about your pricing model, charges or splits?

We don't discuss our distribution deals publicly. Once we take a look at your game, we'll get to those details.
That to me sounds a lot like ?We will rip you off after you sent us your demo and if you don't like our deal we'll just make a clone of your game afterwards.? I maybe be biased due to #1, but I still think it's fishy.