Old games that came with Windows?

Anything else! Ideas for new games, gossip, chat, jokes etc...
the_mezzer

Old games that came with Windows?

Post by the_mezzer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:23 am

I've been going crazy trying to remember this game I used to play back in Windows '95 times. I'm hoping SOMEONE could remember this games name if i describe it:

From what I remember, it was a medieval time-set and you were a warrior who had to explore areas outside of villages for god-knows-what. To begin with, the areas you havent literally walked on, you didn't see, so you had no idea what you were stumbling onto. There were paths, and occasionally you'd have to choose which path was the right one. You'd fight creatures like snakes, spiders, etc. and when you arrived at different villages you could upgrade your gear and heal yourself, get scrolls and poison. if you ran from the creatures/people you stumbled on to, they'd come after you one move at a time. And since this game was old, you could move like one "arrow-tap" at a time, instead of just holding down the up arrow to go.

Please tell me SOMEONE knows what game I'm talking about. It was there on windows with Gold Rush and Box World, and other games like that. You'd make my year!

Anyone?

the_mezzer

Post by the_mezzer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:25 am

PS - if you died, like during a fight, your grave or something showing your death would immediately pop up and you'd have to start from the beginning again.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:54 pm

I don't know what game you're talking about, but all of a sudden, I've got an urge to play Exile.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:31 am

can you give us more precision?
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

the_mezzer

Post by the_mezzer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:45 am

There wasn't much graphic detail to it. Didn't open up in MS-DOS or anything. opened and played in a window like Minesweeper would.
That's about all i recall off of it.

the_mezzer

Post by the_mezzer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:46 am

You'd play in an aerial viewlooking down at the paths and your character/warrior