HDD crash

Anything else! Ideas for new games, gossip, chat, jokes etc...

HDD crash

Postby geoman47 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:54 am

I recently had a HDD crash. Luckily, I had all my pictures backed up elsewhere. However, I did not have my registered versions of Sean O' Connor's Windows Games backed up anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get them back? My guess is I may have to contact Sean.

Been 5+ years since I registered the games, so I'm trying to think out loud how to prove to Sean I paid for 2 versions of the games. Hmmmm... best I can think of is an email I sent him when I bought the 2nd registered copy. I bought the 2nd copy so my brother and I could play network Slay. And network versions of other games. During that email, I mentioned to him I liked the version of Capture the Flag that he had just come out with. At the time I paid for the 2nd registered copy of Windows games, Capture the Flag was Sean's newest game, only 1 player at that point. I told Sean in that email that my brother and I paid for the original capture the flag back in 1991. In fact, I still own the floppy disk registered version from Richard Carr.

Hope that helps. Anything else anyone can think of please let me know. I miss playing Slay and my son has been wanting to play Statego lately (The General).

Thanks in advance.
geoman47

Re: HDD crash

Postby geoman47 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Update:

Finally built a new PC with an SDD (no more HDD crashes), with Linux and Wine able to play Sean's games again no worries. At present, I have only the shareware versions.

Luckily, I burned to CD the registered copy I gave my brother. If I was smart, I included both unlock codes on that CD, since my point was to be able to play network Slay with my brother.

Keep up the good work Sean, and if I dig up that CD and only had one registered copy on it, I may reference this thread when I email you to ask for a 2nd! :D

Since we're off topic, I'll just go ahead and tell you (or anyone reading this) that my brother has since paid for the Slay app on iOS, so I could be a sales person for your games.
geoman47

Re: HDD crash

Postby nikkil » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Contact support for sure. They are the only ones who can set up your license again.
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image
nikkil

Return to Off Topic