[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Hows linux support with Wine\Mint?

Hows linux support with Wine\Mint?

Anything else! Ideas for new games, gossip, chat, jokes etc...

Hows linux support with Wine\Mint?

Postby JGPS » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:51 pm

Particularly with Critical Mass, but also in general. The demo worked but the menus didn't display properly, the game itself ran fine but I'm concerned about the post mission feedback. I'm also concerned about the statistics screen on games like conquest and mother of all battles. Anyone know of any winetricks\configs to get them to display properly? If there's workarounds to these issues I'll probably buy the pack, I had it years ago and quite a few of the games are very good IMO, Critical Mass in particular is better than a lot of games period despite being a one man project.

Also have you considered trying to sell your game packs via vendors like Good old Games or Steam? The extra visibility might be a boon to you even as they take their cut, and it's nice for consumers to be able to download instantly rather than waiting for an E-Mail.

Anyway, keep up the good work Mr. O'Conner and I hope your business is doing well.
JGPS

Re: Hows linux support with Wine\Mint?

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Sorry I can't help out with Wine as that's not something I've ever got into. I'm planning on refreshing all of my Windows games and getting them onto the Windows AppStore sometime later this year.
Sean OConnor

Re: Hows linux support with Wine\Mint?

Postby woody » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:39 am

Tons of info out there on Ubuntu / Linux related forums about Wine, but I never had a pleasant experience with it - even if it created a wokring Windows sandbox, the quality of CGI and the smoothness of the gameplay was really poor - get r.e.a.d.y. for a longer road...

passed on golden branches
from Missouri to Nebraska
across the Utah, the birds flown
candles hidden
sunny Florida
woody

Return to Off Topic