|~| Artwork |~|

Anything else! Ideas for new games, gossip, chat, jokes etc...
TheKangaroo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by TheKangaroo » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:44 pm

Really nice, Fighter_Ace. Sid6.7's right, it makes you remember Little Boy.

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:02 pm

TheKangaroo wrote:Really nice, Fighter_Ace. Sid6.7's right, it makes you remember Little Boy.
Thanx "TheKangaroo"!

I have been working on drawing some "manga/anime" type pictures lately. I might post some of those if I ever get around to it. If anyone has any drawing they'd like to share, I'd love to see them. All art doesn't need to be drawn on computer ya know :wink: . Come on, make me jealous! Hit me with some inspiration! Lol :P !
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:54 am

My scanner is on the fritz. :wink: It gives me all kinds of weird lines. As soon as I get it fixed I'll see about scanning some stuff. As you can see from my signature, I'm on this enormous Zelda...binge...so I have a lot of those drawings. A few DBZ though.
My webcomic:

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:36 am

OMJ that is a really cool sig you've made good job...

i like your style of character...
if you run..you'll only die tired

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:09 pm

Old Man Johnson wrote:My scanner is on the fritz. :wink: It gives me all kinds of weird lines. As soon as I get it fixed I'll see about scanning some stuff. As you can see from my signature, I'm on this enormous Zelda...binge...so I have a lot of those drawings. A few DBZ though.
Oh, I'm definitely looking forward to that! I've recently taken up real drawing. Heck, worth a shot anyway. If I think I've got anything actually worthwhile or took me decent time, I'll be sure to post it :) !

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:42 am

Fighter_Ace wrote: I've recently taken up real drawing.
I'm assuming you mean with a pencil and paper or something, but I think computer drawing counts as real drawing, doesn't it?

Oh, and in case anyone wonders, I didn't actually draw the pictures in my sig. I just copied them and added text and such. I can't draw that well, lol.
My webcomic:

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:53 am

Old Man Johnson wrote:
Fighter_Ace wrote: I've recently taken up real drawing.
I'm assuming you mean with a pencil and paper or something, but I think computer drawing counts as real drawing, doesn't it?

Oh, and in case anyone wonders, I didn't actually draw the pictures in my sig. I just copied them and added text and such. I can't draw that well, lol.
Yeah, I meant with pencil and paper. If you're good at that, you can draw whenever, wherever! Totally handy!

And I was wondering. Lol! That looked so good in your sig I was about to pass out. *whew*

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:19 pm

my RPG Kramxel is coming along nicely
come see the GREAT work of our local artist's
fighter-ace and kangaroo...

fighter has done some excellent plant work and some firearms
kangaroo has done some cool planetary art
frawsty did the kramxel site design and included a very cool background

others: i also have some other folks working on the site

kristian has done some creatures
melissa has done some plants
louis has done some creatures
i myself do all the maps of the world...

goto my WWW button below this post
goto the kramxel RPG link....

check it out!
if you run..you'll only die tired

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:34 am

Old Man Johnson wrote:My scanner is on the fritz. :wink: It gives me all kinds of weird lines. As soon as I get it fixed I'll see about scanning some stuff. As you can see from my signature, I'm on this enormous Zelda...binge...so I have a lot of those drawings. A few DBZ though.
Do ya have it online yet? Lol. I just drew a few things today and sparked my "want to draw" all over again :P . I really want to get better. Faces are always the hardest for me. Well... almost always (Heh heh! Today I drew the crappiest car I ever did see :lol: ! Lmao!).

Anyway, what I really want to do is learn to draw and program really good then make my own games. The only problem is... IT TAKES SO MUCH DOGGONE TIME AND DEDICATION! At least I try. I hope to go to college to learn C++ and what not (Yeah, I know, Sean is amazing!). I just can't seem to pick up on it. So I thought I'd work on drawing for the time being and practice on my Paint Shop Pro. Hope to share in some stuff ASAP :D !

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:02 am

Ok, here are some simple .gif animations I made today:

| Image | Image |

I used no image transitions and made each frame in PSP8. I think I'll probably add text and some x-ray effects and just jazz 'em up a bit later 8) . It was just an experiment I did. I actually even had a dream about how to make them. Aren't I a total nerd :P ? Lol! Anyway, I hope to make some way more advanced ones later. These look way too "one step" to me and :? , believe it or not, these took me about forty minutes to make together. I had to use masks, layers, filters, vectors, you name it! Lots of patience required. Heh heh.

Bob Janova
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Bob Janova » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:06 pm

I like the heart one. The 'motion blur' effect is groovy B)

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:55 am

Thanks. And even still, that's just a start. I plan on practicing making some really cool and advanced animated signatures (Little images/graphics that you put in your "signature" on forums). I also am going to practice making some cool avatars :D .

P.S. A motion blur would add smudges in two directions. For the heart, I had to use the "wind" effect :wink: .

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:50 am

Here is an atom I made just today: Image

The only issue I had was the effect I got after I optimized the gif. It kinda lost some quality but I think it still turned out cool.

Also, I make all my stuff from scratch...... not off other images or pictures :roll: .

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:53 pm

Hey, that's cool. I never got the hang of animations at all. (Not even from pictures or anything)

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:47 am

Hey, I know how ya feel. I can't stop thinking how much I suck at animation myself. There are so many things I want to be good at but for some reason, I always feel like I'm never getting anywhere. Heh, just today I wrote an argumentative essay (Well, the first draft anyway.). Ugg, and already I feel like it was a total waste of time. Ah well, better get over it :lol: !