toy talk

Anything else! Ideas for new games, gossip, chat, jokes etc...
sid6.7

toy talk

Post by sid6.7 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:58 pm

watched a show that brought back memories last night...

what were your top 5 toys as a child? (think pre 15yr old)
that would be 1978 for me... :P

mine:
------
1. king arthurs castle
2. mt navarone playset
3. lincoln logs with either cowboy/indians or soldiers
4. electric football field
5. Blip

toys i wanted but never got:
-------------------------------
1. bb gun
2. BIG wheel
3. mattel electronic football

toy you lost/broke or got sold/gave away
that broke your heart.
-------------------------
1. king arthurs castle

NOTE:
in 2004 i finally found an old working mattel
football game...wooooo! 5$
if you run..you'll only die tired

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:59 am

lincoln logs with fifty thousand single matches piled inside......barbies stolen fron my younger sister....packed with match HEADS!!! they exploded pretty cool. Um. Pre-15......I lived in the middle of nowhere...I'm going to say the last three of five were an axe, a splitting mall, and a machete. When I was thirteen I cut down a pine tree 14" thick (about 36cms for you metric guys....I'm from Canada and I use feet and inches lmao) with a BRUTALLY sharp double-headed axe.
I poop, therefore I am.

Goblinarcher

Post by Goblinarcher » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:57 am

1. Plastic dinasour playset with a whole bunch of dinosuars and plastic cavemen.
2. dinotopia stuffed animal Little Hedro
3. legos (lego space is to this day the best lego series ever. Blacktron rules!)
4. old monocrome computer that pretty much only ran qbasic and text games. not sure what make it was, but it was defenantly pre-386
5. 2 hand me down atari 2600s. i still haul it out and play berzerk and planet of zoom every once in a wile.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:43 am

1.Lego
2.Lego
3.Lego
4.Lego
5.Lego

Lol, basicly, all i ever played with was my lego... lol i still have three HUGE boxes of lego in the attic.

Denmon0728

Post by Denmon0728 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:44 am

That was me btw, i forgot to log in

Garnier

Post by Garnier » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:20 pm

Army gear and guns...
woods and creek
Playmobil
Napoleon in Europe

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:24 pm

Playmobil
Shogun
Play War
Legos

I dont know if these aremy favorite but some o them

Big Red One

Post by Big Red One » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:49 pm

Play army
Plastic armymen
torch for lighting fireworks and melting plastic army men
computer
PS2

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:28 am

Hell yes. Legos all the way. I still have them all in my closet, but have no space or time to play ;_;

Also, I loved playing with stuffed animals. Everyone thought I was weird (well, I just might be), but whatever. I still like stuffed animals (which probably makes me more weird..).

And I used to play my old Super Nintendo a lot. I loved that thing so much.
My webcomic:

mitype2

Post by mitype2 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:08 pm

Oh Geez I have to think back.

1. Evil Kenevil motorcycle jump toy
2. Nerf Football
3. Big Wheel Green Machine
4. Toy Guns. We would play WWII
5. Team Murry X24 bike
6. Dragon Lance Novels
7. Plastic Army men
8. Tonka Trucks

Darn that brings up a lot of memories. lol
Last edited by mitype2 on Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:48 pm

1. Lego sets which I earned the money for by using #5 on this list and had used to build all sorts of trucks, mechs, tanks, and aircraft.

2. Little(3-6 inch) plastic dinosaurs and aliens and such, with action figures and their vehicles, including pickups, flatbed tractor trailers, Tonka dozers and dump trucks, a cement mixer, a Napa tow truck, and a bunch of farm equipment.

3. Rocks, dirt, and sticks which I used #2 with to build towns and villages.

4. A Case 1490 turbocharged diesel farm tractor, weighing in at 6,500lbs, that I started using on the farm when I was 6-7ish years old, and all the farm implements we used with it. Our farm, which I used them on, provided perhaps the most joy, with its creeks and ponds and swamps and forests.

5. My two sickles, a scythe, a post maul, a fiberglass handles sledge/axe, and a hay blade -- my work toys.

Honorable Mention:

AT&T 6300 PC running MS-DOS 1.2 on which I learned to program in GW Basic, and played Might and Magic, assorted old SSI games, and a very promising game that is not nearly as popular as it should be: Elite.

Toy guns.

Real guns(would have made the top five, but I only got to shoot once in a while when Dave had his guns out to sight them in).

Dave's compound bow, which I would always try to pull back when I was real little.

Hay bales.

Star Trek novels, James Webb's Fields of Fire, Frank Herbert's Dune, and other books(Also would have made top five, but I really only started reading big books when I was 10/11ish, so I didn't spend as much total time enjoying them).

Gasoline.

Industrial Solvents.

Concentrated herbicides and pesticides.

Fire.

Fire.

Bigger fire.

Much bigger fire.

Enormous fire consuming spray paint cans.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:13 am

Star Trek novels! Hooray!
My webcomic:

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:15 am

Legacy wrote: 3. Rocks, dirt, and sticks which I used to build towns and villages.
Oh my gosh! I did that all the time! ... then set them on fire or blew them up with firecrackers and gas!

I loved rough-housing with my little brother, playing with my Hotwheels cars in the dirt and making little roads and houses, collecting loads of fireworks (smoke bombs/grenades were my personal favorite), cap guns, army men, wooden blocks (to make forts for the little armies), and my trusty RC car. My dad always used to let me build a coffee-can fire pit when he BBQed. Ohhh the stuff I burnt. Lol!

I also couldn't keep my hands of electronics, electric motors, solder, and hot-glue. Made tons of boats, airplanes, and cars with them. I had a very bad habit of taking things apart and not being able to put them back together again properly. That didn't stop me though! Haha!

I suppose it isn't really a physical toy, but I LOVED playing Jazz Jackrabbit way back when. Then they came out with Jazz Jackrabbit 2! Way too much fun! That game has to be one of the (if not the) greatest platformers ever made. Oh so popular and oh so addicting. Total classic. Sadly, the 3rd one literally never saw completion or made it to the shelves. (The makers started the project but never finished it) Broke my heart :cry: . Just about the best old school game ever. This is around the age when I became the biggest computer geek in my family. Still am! Muahahaha! :twisted:
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.